Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast

Thread: Land / Sea Fill Textures

Professional Artist Facebook Connected Coyotemax's Avatar

As promised, here's the second post of texture packs! (i noticed the page break after my last post, so if you haven't checked yet, the post before this includes 5 more zips)

And one of these days I'll go through and grab the forest textures, right now they only exist in the pattern file (i didn't actually save the files after creating the patterns) but really, they're as simple as looking through google images for good pictures of moss, then following pasis' method as listed in his mountain tutorial.
    Attached Files Attached Files

My finished maps
    "...sometimes the most efficient way to make something look drawn by hand is to simply draw it by hand..."

Guild Artisan Facebook Connected

Will those textures, you think, work in GIMP?
    I think, therefore I am a nerd.
    Cogito, ergo sum nerdem.

Check out my blog: "The Undiscovered Author"
    It's the story of a writer... follow me in my simple quest to get published, and share your own writing stories, adventures and writerly tips.

Pimping my worldmap here. Still WIP... long way to go, but I'm pretty proud of what I've done so far...

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

They should, I'm guessing they are probably either .png or .jpg exports of the Genetica textures
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Oh yes, they should work just fine, they're all .jpg files.
    Sorry, I didn't think to specify that.

My finished maps
    "...sometimes the most efficient way to make something look drawn by hand is to simply draw it by hand..."

Those are Genetica textures? Makes me want to buy the full version even more, but I've never been able to quite justify it to myself...this has brought me a notch closer!

The viewer has been enough for me so far, you can do some basic manipulation of the textures which is all I really need.

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

i tried the viewer but I'm a bit of a perfectionist in some areas (no, really?) so i just HAD to have the full. Which brings me to another question, actually. I haven't tried it yet, but can the viewer read genetica files created by others, or is it limited to only the ones that come with it? If it can read others, I'd be happy to upload those files for those that have the viewer.

My finished maps

@CoyoteMax - I would assume it could, but have not tried it with anything but the ones provided by Spiral Graphics - I'd be happy to give some a try.

Here goes nothing. I included all of the land textures I currently have generated, why not, the files themselves are tiny, the whole thng zipped is under 90k.

Let me know how it goes
    Attached Files Attached Files

My finished maps

I tried a couple of them and they seem to work just fine.

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast