Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Call me a stick in the mud, but...

Guild Novice

You are a stick in the mud.

... I am entirely neural on the new forum by the way, wasn't here long enough with the old one to get attached to it.

I'm not like all the extra space things take up compared to before... we'll see as the customizations finish.
    My D&D/Roleplaying Blog Making a new effort to update every two weeks!
    Gimp Gradient Basics

Administrator Facebook Connected Robbie's Avatar
    Blog Entries

A lot of the feature changes you guys are talking abotu could just be new or moved settings that I haven't found either. I've been so wound up on converting the style that I haven't gone through all the new potential settings yet. I guess I need to make that a higher priority.

I gotta tell you all though...keep up the feedback, both good and bad. I definitely want to hear your opinions either way. Thank you all!
    All Hail FlappyMap! Long Live MapFeed!

Robbie Powell - Site Admin

Professional Artist Facebook Connected Coyotemax's Avatar

Don't take my comments the wrong way - I've been involved in a few site conversions, including from one type of software to a completely different platform - I definitely understand what you're going through!

I'm absolutely willing to be patient as the process goes on.

My finished maps
    "...sometimes the most efficient way to make something look drawn by hand is to simply draw it by hand..."

Blog Entries

I think we need to give it some time and get it all the way Arcana wants it and then consider it in more depth. I think it would be useful to review it and maybe have a poll on better / about same / worse as options. At mo I agree a small number of items are better and plenty are not so good but I think most of the not so good stuff is mere style and not substance at this point. I.e. it can be changed.

Could it be worth creating a "once-off" forum for "Forum Changes" to contain the Feedback, Vote on The Look, and other similar threads?
    It would basically just exist for a while, then get locked/deleted.

When it comes to tinkering with new settings, Arcana could do screenshots or similar, stick it in a thread and get a vote on which way to go.
    "Sacrificing minions... is there any problem it cannot solve?" - Order of the Stick

Some of the books I have written, or am still writing...
    My Lulu Store

Quote Originally Posted by Juggernaut1981 View Post
    Could it be worth creating a "once-off" forum for "Forum Changes" to contain the Feedback, Vote on The Look, and other similar threads?
    It would basically just exist for a while, then get locked/deleted.

When it comes to tinkering with new settings, Arcana could do screenshots or similar, stick it in a thread and get a vote on which way to go.
    Hmm. That may be an idea.
    My current thread, Developing a plausible and functional system for Fantasy Economics in an rpg.

The double clicking doesn't work for me (firefox 3.5.7 on ubuntu 9.10); requires 6~10 clicks... so quite buggy for me.

Professional Artist Facebook Connected Coyotemax's Avatar

I'm using firefox 3.5.7 on windows xp, no issues i've noticed so far.

My finished maps
    "...sometimes the most efficient way to make something look drawn by hand is to simply draw it by hand..."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12