Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: A few more issues

Hmmm... I'm having trouble getting that Advanced Search button to appear. I tried from the main page and after just clicking on one of the sections from there (but not in a thread). I also tried clicking on the main sections that lists all the sub sections... No luck...

Professional Artist Facebook Connected Coyotemax's Avatar

Try this - go out to the main forum page then enter the General Discussion forum. Right under the Facebook Link is the page listing of threads.. right below that it says Forum Tools and Search Forum - try the dropdown that is Search Forum and see if the Advanced Search in there. I just tested and that's one of the places I'm seeing it. If you don't see it, maybe try clearing your cache and reloading? I had some oddness going on myself for a bit where some of the forum options were messing up until I cleared. (it will default to viewing all threads etc for that forum, but you can choose a different one)

If that doesn't do it, i'm at a loss besides to say the issue may be related to your computer or browser.

[edit] hey neat, I found another way to get to it. Within a thread, if you go to the dropdown that is "Search Thread" there's an advanced search option there, it also has the ability to search other forums for the threads started by X, etc. Try that maybe, should see that at the top of this page..
    Last edited by Coyotemax; 02-01-2010 at 02:04 PM.

My finished maps
    "...sometimes the most efficient way to make something look drawn by hand is to simply draw it by hand..."

Administrator Facebook Connected Robbie's Avatar
    Blog Entries

If the patch doesn't fix a bunch of search issues I'll customize the templates to make them all have this.
    All Hail FlappyMap! Long Live MapFeed!

Robbie Powell - Site Admin

Just noticed something... on the Settings Page there is the wonderful list of where you have been Rep-Whacked. I noticed some are Blue and others are Green. I'm guessing the Green ones are "successful Rep Whacks" and blue are the "unsuccessful RepWhacks"
    "Sacrificing minions... is there any problem it cannot solve?" - Order of the Stick

Some of the books I have written, or am still writing...
    My Lulu Store

Professional Artist Facebook Connected Coyotemax's Avatar

Green means the repper had enough (10 i think?) rep to count so it actually increases your point base. Blue means they're new and don't have enough of their own rep to make it count.

At least that's how it worked before the upgrade.

My finished maps
    "...sometimes the most efficient way to make something look drawn by hand is to simply draw it by hand..."

Guild Artisan Facebook Connected

I had thought it had to do with post count or longevity or something like that, more than just rep... but obviously I don't know the inner workings. As I'm sure is true of many others, I have tons of blue pips... Well, not tons, precisely, but a decent number. I imagine someone like RobA or the other big names have metric buttloads of 'em.
    I think, therefore I am a nerd.
    Cogito, ergo sum nerdem.

Check out my blog: "The Undiscovered Author"
    It's the story of a writer... follow me in my simple quest to get published, and share your own writing stories, adventures and writerly tips.

Pimping my worldmap here. Still WIP... long way to go, but I'm pretty proud of what I've done so far...

Also... on the topic of weirdness... I'm confused about how the new system decided to wrap what's been typed. My post above has some odd line-breaks.

[EDIT] even odder: now the line-breaks are different than before, and it's this post that looks odd. very strange...

Also... my edit post dialog pops up right on top of the post, and is semi-transparent, making it really hard to figure out what I'm typing.
    Last edited by Karro; 02-03-2010 at 10:45 AM.
    Cogito, ergo sum nerdem.

It's the story of a writer... follow me in my simple quest to get published, and share your own writing stories, adventures and writerly tips.

Pimping my worldmap here. Still WIP... long way to go, but I'm pretty proud of what I've done so far...

Administrator Facebook Connected Robbie's Avatar
    Blog Entries

The line-breaks are a known issue to possibly be fixed in the coming patch...What browser are you using and can you post a screenshot of the edit screen problem?
    All Hail FlappyMap! Long Live MapFeed!

Robbie Powell - Site Admin

Glad to hear the line-breaks are known about.

As for the other... it's weird. Sometimes it does it sometimes it doesn't. It took me a few minutes to replicate the error (it didn't give me the same problem when I tried to edit the same post again, but it did on a different post).

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sceencap.PNG 
Views:	62 
Size:	372.4 KB 
ID:	21811

There you go...

FYI, this is IE version 7.0.5730.13. Not the latest and greatest, but not a dinosaur, I should think. It what I have on my work computer (and it's only IE 7 b/c I dled it manually... before that it was on IE 6 but what the heck, man, that thing is a hellish nightmare of bugs and a magnet for cyberattacks).
    Last edited by Karro; 02-04-2010 at 11:28 AM.
    Cogito, ergo sum nerdem.

Somewhat unrelated... nice selection of new user-color groups. I noticed GamerPrinter was this bright goldenrod orange and was like "what's that about?" Same with the green on Waldronate. Very nice.
    Cogito, ergo sum nerdem.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast