Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Making Links Stand Out

Something like F4CC90 might work. It's pretty subtle but It's different enough from the normal text and the admin-gold, while keeping the overall color scheme.

Administrator Facebook Connected Robbie's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I think I like that color Tear. Good job! Have some REP! Of course, I'm not closing this issue yet.
    All Hail FlappyMap! Long Live MapFeed!

Robbie Powell - Site Admin

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

I'm looking at the available colors on the text here just to see what's quick and easy...and of course to see what looks good and not too crappy.

I gotta say links in light pink isn't too bad and the light purple isn't too bad either. I use the light pink and gray in my sig and also the light blue for My Maps (when that gets fixed). Since there are so many dudes here we'd probably have to go light blue. The color Tear suggested is just a bit too close to Arcana gold, IMO. The oranges are okay as well.
    Last edited by Ascension; 01-21-2010 at 10:00 AM.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Blue is a standard for link colors in all browsers - personally I'd prefer sticking with what folks are used to seeing (though the lighter blue does work better with this color scheme)
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcana View Post
    ...my biggest complaint is that the users listing on the who's online list becomes gold...
    That explains it! I thought everyone was made Admin again (Happy April Fools day!)

-Rob A>

Administrator Facebook Connected Robbie's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Umm...I'm not using the gold anymore...April fools to you lol...I'm currently using Tears suggested color.
    All Hail FlappyMap! Long Live MapFeed!

Robbie Powell - Site Admin

I should use a color, I usually just put an underline on my links. The light blue jumps out the most imo but about half of the others would work as well.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Personally, my favourite so far has been the F4CC90 posted by Tear. Though as I look at the names to the left, I find it difficult to distinguish between the colour of Tear's name and yours. Unless I'm mistaken, Tear's name is in F4CC90, as well, only bolded instead of regular as it was in his post?

Perhaps you could continue to use the F4CC90, and then just up the level of yellow in the Admin name? I see several quite lovely shades in your avatar that could work; maybe try sampling some colours from those gears?

-asp
    My current worldbuilding experiment(s):
    Geidor
    --------------------------------------------

But I, being poor, have only my dreams;
    I have spread my dreams under your feet;
    Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.
    -W.B. Yeats

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12