Thread: Search Issues - Solved?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

It's basically a search string based on started threads in a particular forum. If you hover your mouse over the appropriate subforum link on the main forum page - (forum.cartographersguild.com not the main entry page cartographersguild.com) - it will tell you the forum number in the lower left (Firefox) so that you can change the search to whatever you like. You also need your ID number so hover your mouse over your name and look in the lower left of the screen.

The link looks like this - the site upgrade won't let me post the whole thing without screwing it up so make sure to add the http:// and for some reason it keeps putting a space in forumchoice (apparently it always puts a random space somewhere in a long string as you can see in my underscore line - I wonder why it does that) so take that out.

forum.cartographersguild.com/search.php?do=finduser&u=2345&starteronly=1&forumc hoice[]=36&contenttype=vBForum_Post

This is your ID number_____________________________^______________ _______________^
    This is the forum number____________________________________________ _____________/

Finished Maps is 36, Tutorials is 48, and Challenge Archives is 59

By using the search string for challenge maps I can avoid filling up the Finished Maps section with my old challenge maps...sure it finds all threads started by me and that will include actual challenges and polls and whatnot but c'est la vie.

"http://www.cartographersguild.com/search.php?do=finduser&u=2345&starteronly=1&forumc hoice[]=36&contenttype=vBForum_Post"

Hmm, no matter what it keeps putting a space between the c and h in &forumchoice[]...how weird. Of course now it doesn't do it...forumchoiceforumchoiceforumchoice...damn thing. At any rate, just hover your mouse over My Maps there and it will show the link in Firefox in the lower left or right click it and choose properties.
    Last edited by Ascension; 02-03-2010 at 07:36 AM.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps