I'm still trying to figure out what you're talking about with the trees. I feel like I missed something somewhere
A picture of terribly horrifying trees or blobby forests or something?
I don't see it. Nope.
And on a side note [which is actually probably not so much on the side, now that I typed it all out]... most of the trees and forests on maps, and real trees when you get far enough away, are just simple blobs and shapes that give the impression of trees.
Most of my paintings and stuffs are just a conglomeration of different sized and shaped bits of color or shading marks. It takes time and practice to get them in the right spot [and I know I miss a lot] but I realized awhile back that it doesn't have to be spot-on perfect to be good and for people to enjoy it, and you can always do another [well, I mean, eventually you can't, but, meh ].
I have found it useful, and fun, to just enjoy the process [and occasionally quoting Bob Ross or making weird sounds when putting down a ton of little trees ] and experiment - try tons of different ways to draw/paint/color/render the things that are bugging you - and do it like a throw-away sketch that doesn't matter if you get it right or totally f- mess it up. There is fun to be found in playing in mud puddles or equivalent art creation and just getting messy, and you might find that you make something cool and worth following up in a new direction.

Ok. I'm done. For now.