Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The shores of Evestion

Default The shores of Evestion

Hi Guild

It has been a while since my last map.
    I have been struggling with work and daily chores. On top of that i decided, it is "the best time" (it was not ) to try and play with new style.
    It took me twice as much time as I usually do my maps, but I finally came up with something that I like.
    That being said there are still things to improve (as always). I was planning to do more city icons and add more to the border, but I run out of patience to be honest, LOL.

Hope you like it.

Cheers
    Rafal

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	The Shores of Evestion_CG1.jpg 
Views:	1321 
Size:	8.70 MB 
ID:	134620
    New Horizons
    Fantasy maps and illustrations.

All my non-commisioned maps are FREE for personal use. Get them at my home page New Horizons
    Get more of my maps by becoming my Patreon.

Support:
    Patreon | Tip via PayPal.Me | Buy Me a Coffee

BEautyfull , what are the things you focused on as change of style? Or things that took you more time to do ?

Looks very nice. Reminds me a lot of l'Arpenteur's (DBCartography) style.
    Homepage | Instagram | Facebook | Artstation
    Just give me liquorice and nobody gets hurt.

Guild Master Facebook Connected - JO -'s Avatar

I love everything about this map... Border, mountains, forests, volcano, desert, labels... I would vote for it for the atlas awards !

Quote Originally Posted by Naima View Post
    BEautyfull , what are the things you focused on as change of style? Or things that took you more time to do ?
    Definitely the colouring. It may be hard to believe, but it is my weakest point when drawing. I always struggle a lot. I never studied proper theory about colours, and it is extremely hard for me to choose the right colour and mix and blend them together. I always delete them a lot and start over and it is taking me forever to finally come up with something I like.
    With tis map, thou maybe not so obvious, I try to mix and blend a lot of colours on one layer for the entire map except forests.
    The other thing i did differently than usual is linework. Almost everything is different form my previous work. Mountains, hills, forests (slightly) and a lot of terrain elevation that is more prominent.

Quote Originally Posted by Kellerica View Post
    Thank you Kell. Yes, I guess so, Initially I wanted to go for something along Augustinas kind of a map. however, I soon realised that the colouring as well as coming up with such inventive intricate maps is way beyond my skills. I also had few references from legendary J.E. maps. The one that have nice elevation variations.

Quote Originally Posted by - JO - View Post
    I love everything about this map... Border, mountains, forests, volcano, desert, labels... I would vote for it for the atlas awards !
    Thank you so much. However, I think there are way more talented people here that deserve the atlas award.
    New Horizons
    Fantasy maps and illustrations.

All my non-commisioned maps are FREE for personal use. Get them at my home page New Horizons
    Get more of my maps by becoming my Patreon.

Support:
    Patreon | Tip via PayPal.Me | Buy Me a Coffee

Looking good, I really like the variety of terrain you've incorporated and the use of colour. The border is very nice too.
    View my map and asset packs on CartographyAssets or DrivethruRPG. Support my work on Patreon. Take a look at my work on my Website or Instagram.

Truly splendid work on this one . You outdid yourself .

Heh, I relate to those struggles. And that is a gorgeous map

The feels very lush. And like it would fit perfectly in to a Final Fantasy game. I like the icons nestled into the terrain like their about to curl up and listen to a good story.

Really nice work, lovely color palette!

Quote Originally Posted by Kellerica View Post
    Kind of
    I can see some similarities with those snowy mountains + borders and some of my maps... But that's the game, and am really proud that it could have inspired some other people!
    Thibaud J.B. - Astral booker of l'Arpenteur
    Cartographer and pathfinder of distant lands
    Website |Artstation Portfolio | Instragram | Reddit
    Tel: (+33)6 13 95 93 78
    Discord: l'Arpenteur#6822

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast