Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Donation Status Bar on Forum Homepage

Blog Entries

Oh, I'm well-known for having weird ideas, Katto. : )
    In my opinion the donation can be done with both methods and I would recommend to let the paypal option alive because there will always be people who want to use it or do not have a cell phone like Katto. We could do it the good ol' way too, though I have never transferred money to an American account. But there's always a first time, don't you think? : )

Nah, we just have to go through all possibilities. Paying 'cash', the paypal thing & micro payment - a combination of them to satisfy all those who have too much money at their disposal. *grins*

Antheon
    looking for his cell phone
    "Good must co-exist with evil to have meaning. Just as light needs darkness to be seen."

Current projects: The Empyreum

Administrator Facebook Connected Robbie's Avatar
    Blog Entries

problem with the cell phone thing is there's no automated way to add it to the donation system...I may set it up, but it will be a separate thing and I'll have to manually add each person that donates to my donation logs. DO you have a link handy for the system?
    All Hail FlappyMap! Long Live MapFeed!

Robbie Powell - Site Admin

Blog Entries

Nah, I've never used micro-payment before. So I do not know a way to help you. But I'm going to discuss this with a friend of mine who is quite the man for such problems. Maybe he does know what to do. : )

Antheon
    trying to find a way
    "Good must co-exist with evil to have meaning. Just as light needs darkness to be seen."

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

another problem with cell phone systems is that the tele operators take a HUGE part of the profit. I'll give you an example from how it is in Denmark at least... 6 kr ~ $1 is charged when you send an SMS to the system, from that you make about 50 cents - the rest is profit for the phone companies. If its just close to the same in the US then we would have to donate double the amount needed - right now $1000 a year to keep it running. No need to line anyone elses pockets if we don't have too.
    The other problem is that the phone systems mostly only work with the country its established in, so all non-us citizens wouldn't be able to use it anyway... Nah, paypal is the best for small solutions
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

Blog Entries

Right, it seems way too difficult to implement it. But maybe you want to add the classic money-transfer-way if you haven't done it already. So all those who might not want to donate via internet can do it as they always did. : )

Antheon
    having a headache now

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

Arcana could just rent a post office box and we can send him cold, hard cash. Although we wouldn't want anyone to look askance at a guy stopping in furtively every couple of weeks and taking wads of cash out of a post office locker...

Blog Entries

Thursday is pay day for me, so like it or not, you're going to get some more. Oh... you can moan and gnash your teeth, but see what good that does you.

But seriously Arcana, I don't think you really appreciate how much this site means to a lot of us. To me it's one of the big things in my life, even if I don't post much. Thank you for your long, hard work in making it a success.
    ----------
    My Deviant Art Map Gallery

Blog Entries

101% donated? Wish that could happen to my account too. : /
    And 2010 has just begun. : O

Antheon
    wondering how much money there'll be till the end of the year

Wow. 102% now...guess your fundraising was successful! Nice work to everyone. Think I'm going to rep everyone with a "gracious donor" tag one time around.
    M

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond View Post
    Arcana could just rent a post office box and we can send him cold, hard cash. Although we wouldn't want anyone to look askance at a guy stopping in furtively every couple of weeks and taking wads of cash out of a post office locker...
    Yo, dude! Isn't that what post office boxes are for? They'll look askance if you send a little package of white powder to each donor...
    I'll send a donation just as soon as my income exceeds my current outgo. This will, I hope, be soon...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast