Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 81415161718

Thread: List of Mapping Software

Title: Other World Mapper
    Vendor: Three Minds Software, LLC
    Web Site: https://www.otherworldmapper.com/
    Type: Vector, raster blend
    Focus: Overland, battle map and city maps
    Platform: Windows 7, 8, 10. Mac OS X. Linxu support in beta and will be official next week.
    Price: $32 basic version, $58 full version.

Description:
    OWM is a DRM Free, royalty free, one time purchase app. Currently Windows/OSX, with the Linux version being almost ready.
    Drawing tools are designed around map elements such as land, rivers, bodies of water, regions and roads, as well as customizable settings for each.
    Everything drawn with the map tools is stored as vectors, yet rasterized real-time. Objects can be scaled, rotated and modified from their vector outline, while their borders, textures, fills and effects are rasterized again (real time) after each change. You can go as deep as modifying individual points.
    Each map element is a separate layer so that after it is drawn or placed, it can be moved and manipulated.
    You can import real GIS data and use it as a base for your map
    Support for various grid overlays
    Support for world projections as well as transforming existing maps between projections
    Ability to fully customize each item properties (color, line widths, texture opacity, etc), so you are not limited to the preset/themes we provide.
    Ability to import your own artwork.

Examples:
    https://www.otherworldmapper.com/Ima...f%20Cloyne.jpg
    https://www.otherworldmapper.com/Ima...s/ShipDeck.jpg
    https://www.otherworldmapper.com/Ima...PasoDelRey.jpg

Wow, I am happy that I discovered it today by your post. Very useful! So difficult to find a good one for MAC OSX. At work we use something similar to it, Aspectum, for maps mostly, use it daily. If you are interested, as far as I remember there is a free trial option.

Came to add Wonderdraft but note it's already been added a couple of pages back.

Current version has more features and seems quite reliable and relatively inexpensive.

Played with the Demo a little bit, went ahead and purchased. It's nice to see something done cross platform.

I notice the download is limited to a year, how do you plan to handle updates past that point?
    My D&D/Roleplaying Blog Making a new effort to update every two weeks!
    Gimp Gradient Basics

Which app are you talking about, Notsonoble?
    Looking for battlemap creation software that can be used to create gorgeous print-resolution output on Windows or Mac OS?
    Give MapForge a try.

I would guess Other World Mapper which is first on this page of the thread and has a demo and the purchase is "limited to one year". Except that it's not a one year limitation exactly. The download in the email expires after one year but assuming you've downloaded it, you can keep using it for as long as you would like. They also email you a fresh download link with all of the new versions. I assume this is in place so that if it moves forward to version 2, a significant version improvement over 1.2, 1.3, 1.4 etc, like Affinity did, they can charge you for that one. It's also cross-platform, Linux and Mac and Windows. So it fits the description of the comment.

Click my banner, behold my art! Fantasy maps for Dungeons and Dragons, RPGS, novels.
    No obligation, free quotes. I also make custom PC / NPC / monster tokens.
    Contact me: calthyechild@gmail.com or _ti_ (Discord) to discuss a map!

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 81415161718