Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: WiP: USS Singularity, NCC-74855

Thanks. Yeah, the plaque needs some work. I'm going to play with the background and text to get it looking a bit more integrated. I was copying the attached photo of the plaque from the U.S.S. Sao Paolo. Would like the final to look more realistic, maybe incorporating the spotlight effect in this image.
    M
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	USS_Sao_Paulo_dedication_plaque.jpg 
Views:	478 
Size:	64.0 KB 
ID:	38850  

Here's deck 3 mostly complete. I've added the holodecks and moved things around a bit in the 'security complex', though I guess it still is that more or less.

Now on to decoration and furniture. edit: which will be largely based on the very schematic/simple way these things are represented on the attached screenshot.
    M

Name:	d3.JPG 
Views:	333 
Size:	149.5 KB 
ID:	38856   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	equinoxcutaway.jpg 
Views:	217 
Size:	151.2 KB 
ID:	38857  

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

damn cool sideview, my wife says "woow"
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

To be clear, the sideview is not my creation. I think it's a screenshot from the show...though it's possible that it was created by the fellow that put his name on it twice (looks like a screenshot to me, however).
    M

Blog Entries

ok... well, looking forward to seing yours then
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::

Mine will be less spectacular. For now, top views. Here's a start on the bridge and officer's cabins. I'll try to color code things a bit: power items will have a yellow outline, for instance, and 'inert' things will look like the furniture in these shots (though I'll probably need to recolor the consoles). I don't have a definite scheme in mind yet.
    M

Name:	bridge.JPG 
Views:	139 
Size:	26.4 KB 
ID:	38865  
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Blog Entries

good start - the grid is a little heavy - and the battle mapper in me wants to color it all in and throw on shadows *lol*
    regs tilt

I believe that's 2x zoom. I will probably cut the grid from the final...it's mainly for me to work with as I create hand-drawn battle maps for the game. These maps are just for reference and to be pretty so it can go away I guess.

Hey, thanks for sticking with me! You're this thread's number one (well, only, really) fan!
    M

As I suspected, the fellow who plastered his info all over that Equinox MSD is not the originator. I'm pretty sure it's a screenshot from the show. Why he marked it up like that I can't say...but some folks on the Interwebz have funny notions. I once saw a sheet of sprites ripped from a Mario game ROM and the guy who did it had a notice about how people shouldn't steal his sprites and required them to contact him for permission to use them. Go figure.

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__..._class_MSD.jpg

Here's the ship's waverider atmospheric shuttle Event Horizon, computer core, and some crew/officer quarters on deck 4. The torpedo room is forward, I think, but I haven't done anything there yet. Taking this in pieces to see if I have the stomach for it. The furniture along the curved hull is a bit borked because it has been rotated twice...have to redo those I think.

FYI, the ship also carries four additional shuttles: two Type-9 (Einstein and Rosen) and two Type-8 (Kerr and Tipler). If anyone has better naming suggestions (based on the ship's name and mission) I'm open to hearing them.
    M

Name:	shuttle and cabins.JPG 
Views:	175 
Size:	126.5 KB 
ID:	38879  

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast