Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: WiP: USS Singularity, NCC-74855

Yeah, thanks. It was my way of being able to ensure that a player will always have a character that can participate no matter what's going on. It also lets them explore their own paths in the game...I might end up having one of the PCs assume command of the ship at some point but I've made it clear that role can only fall to a character that takes the 'command course' and wears a red shirt. If one of the players doesn't want to go that route then he/she can make that decision for the characters they're playing...or even for a single one of their characters.

The adventures I've outlined so far are pretty varied, the sort of stuff the TNG Enterprise got up to. Maybe they're on their way somewhere and end up in a sideline situation that requires combat and/or diplomacy. It's not their mission (science) but they're Johnny-on-the-spot for the Feds so they have to take care of it. In something like that it's going to be the diplomatic and security/tactical types (and maybe medical) that get to shine. Other missions will be mostly scientific and that's when the science-focused characters will come into the spotlight (and maybe ops and maybe the conn...as he tries vainly to keep the ship away from that cosmic string or whatever).

I'm hoping the players pick a wide range of characters to play. Even if they don't have a character that's appropriate for a given scene I plan to have NPCs available so they can still participate (one of the Daystrom scientists or a red-shirt for an away team or whatever).
    M

Edit: Deck 7, main engineering...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.JPG 
Views:	86 
Size:	26.2 KB 
ID:	38911  
    Last edited by mearrin69; 10-02-2011 at 12:09 PM.

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

a red shirt for an away mission... uh oh...
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

Yeah. I think they're yellow shirts these days. BTW, do you know 'official' uniform colors? I think blue signifies science, green (or sometimes blue) medical, yellow is ops, tactical, security, etc., and red is any branch personnel with command training. That sound right to you? Am I missing something?

Here's deck 7 pretty much completed.
    M

Name:	d7f.JPG 
Views:	156 
Size:	154.4 KB 
ID:	38912  

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

those colors sounds just about right to me yep
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

Just remember, if someone catches you in a deviation from ST canon, just say "Time travelers changed it". That's your out for anything.

That is a good strategy...I shall use it. Fortunately, mine is set at the very end of the shows so I should be good, at least for not conflicting with much that's yet to be written! Believe me, I have a thick set of reference books and the Interwebz close at hand as I work on this project. Fortunately I have a very friendly audience. I doubt I could run (or play!) the game with a true Star Trek bolt-counter at the table with me.

Tomorrow, before our zombieapocalypse game we're going to take a little time to explore character creation...the players have been thinking about it for the past week and I've been collecting lists of skills, racial templates, etc. to get ready for it. We won't start playing for at least a few weeks, so we have time to sort out issues along the way.

Deck 6 coming up!
    M

Deck 6: primary deflector generator bay, defense field generator bay, main engineering (distribution), and waste recycling compartment. Going up!

I would hate to be among the crew stuck bunking on this deck!
    M

Name:	d6f.JPG 
Views:	143 
Size:	193.9 KB 
ID:	38920  

Here are some bits of deck 5. It's coming slowly...darned real-world responsibilities!

Edit: Secondary deflector is up front. There's also a briefing room, a couple of cabins (unfinished), the chief of security's office, armory, and brig. Along the middle strip is the computer core, holodecks one and two, crew cabin, an enginering bay and the main cargo bay. The bit to the far right is the shuttle emergency egress hatch on the hull (shuttlebay is above (or below, or something, I forget).

Edit again: Sorry. This is deck 3, not 5.
    M

Name:	a.JPG 
Views:	98 
Size:	187.9 KB 
ID:	38932   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	b.JPG 
Views:	213 
Size:	93.4 KB 
ID:	38933  
    Last edited by mearrin69; 10-03-2011 at 08:02 PM.

Deck 3 mostly completed. The empty room on the starboard side is currently undefined. I'm thinking of making it a set of personal holosuites but a player has suggested an auxilliary control room. The bit on the aft port side is a set of locker rooms (vacc suits, etc.) and still needs to be finished.

Edit: Forgot the pic, added. BTW, some of the bits (phaser banks especially) are messy and need some cleanup...and there's still another round of editing to go on the deckplan itself.
    M

Name:	d3f.JPG 
Views:	226 
Size:	228.7 KB 
ID:	38954  
    Last edited by mearrin69; 10-04-2011 at 07:09 PM.

The aft end of deck 5, main shuttlebay and engineering compartment.
    M

Name:	c1.JPG 
Views:	107 
Size:	100.9 KB 
ID:	38957  

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast