Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: WiP: USS Singularity, NCC-74855

Here's the finished nacelle...deck 4. I didn't bother trying to draw the shaft around the power transfer conduit in the pylon. Meh.
    M
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	nacelle.JPG 
Views:	157 
Size:	134.7 KB 
ID:	39022  

Here's something like how the final might look, though there would be callouts of major details as well as additional information in the top bar and maybe margins. I also plan to make a couple of refinements to the LCARS interface, after looking around at other examples. This is 50% of total resolution, FYI.

I think decks 1-3 will go on one sheet, deck 4 by itself, deck 5 by itself with info, decks 6-8 on one sheet. Will see how that layout goes. I'd also like to do a cutaway side view and exterior views. Not sure if I'll get to that.
    M

Edit: Eh? The registry number is wrong...how odd. I must have just copied some other ship's number inadventently.

Name:	Singularity-deckplans---composite.jpg 
Views:	242 
Size:	1.48 MB 
ID:	39024  
    Last edited by mearrin69; 10-07-2011 at 04:37 PM.

Had some finishing up to do on deck 5. That sensor palette took forever but ended up looking pretty good I guess so maybe it was worth the time.

My to-do list for this set of deckplans is getting shorter. I've set an artificial deadline of tonight to get it done. If I can put in some good hours tonight maybe I can post them all in the Finished Maps section soon!
    M

Name:	d5.JPG 
Views:	151 
Size:	197.1 KB 
ID:	39045  

Pretty close to final layout. Finishing up the decks and bringing them in to the main file. Trying to figure out something about exterior views.
    M

Edit: Yeah. Close to final except for the spelling mistakes. I before e, except after c and all that.

Name:	decks01-02.jpg 
Views:	245 
Size:	1.31 MB 
ID:	39047  
    Last edited by mearrin69; 10-08-2011 at 01:46 PM.

Guild Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by mearrin69 View Post
    What *is* with all of the numbers anyway? Very few of the buttons on the interfaces have text of any kind. I want a "next" button, not "03594".
    I've never been entirely sure. I could ask Mike Okuda, Doug Drexler or the like directly, I suppose. I don't think those old random number blurbs were meant to hold up under the more direct scrutiny that modern levels of screen resolution have made available to viewing audiences anyway. You could explain it away as some kind of coding only Real Starfleet Personnel were meant to understand...?
    Dwight Williams, Storyteller
    Home Page - Dreamwidth - Flickr - DeviantArt - Twitter - Mastodon/Fediverse

Guild Apprentice

Or they changed it back. Depending on the specific time travellers' perspective. The arguments between factions...well, that's a discussion for other venues, right? :-)

Guild Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by mearrin69 View Post
    A break from deck plan drawing...beginnings of a campaign map. Lots of work to do on it but this is the basic layout. I wanted to get Sol in there (even though we'll be mostly in the far spinward side of this map for most of the game) so the players have some landmarks and know just how far they are from the heart of the Federation. This is in Illustrator (which I don't know very well) after some disappointing results in PS. I'm hardly an expert starmap maker at this point!
    M

Edit: The grid is 20 ly. I'm using the star charts from Star Trek Star Charts by Geoffrey Mandel (Pocket Books) as a reference...but won't be putting anything like that level of detail in there. This is supposed to emulate an LCARS map so will be simple and show mostly just information relevant to the mission. I'll be adding subspace anomalies through out the Bajor sector and neighboring regions...as that's the (nominal) focus of the game.
    You may not want that level of detail at this point a decade after the fact, but just in case you've since decided otherwise, there's a resource available for you to play with.

https://hygmap.space/

It's put together by one Jed Whitton, who used the Mandel book as well for his starting point, and threw in the Hipparcos-Yale-Gliese Bright Star Catalogue database for good measure, trying to match as many real stars to Trek-specific counterparts as he could.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456