Page 4 of 33 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Thinking Big - Torq's landgrab - choose a territory

Quote Originally Posted by Torq View Post
    Cool Terrainmonkey, 5 is yours. If you dont mind maybe we can wait to see how this gets picked up before you take 4 as well. It is a very viable mapping region and someone might like it. I personally dont have any objections to you taking 5 too on the other hand. I suppose anyone who has an objection can always raise it on this thread. We can always open up more blocks if interest is high. Maybe start with 4 and if we hear nothing in a day or so take 4 too. Great to have you onboard.

Venardhi, I love your stuff. Thats just what I had in mind in terms of some general ideas. I dont know what everyone else thinks, but my area is completely withinin Groam to me now, and I'm now thinking in Groam terms, plague creeping from the East, man I cant wait to start.

Torq

actually, i'll jsut take area 5. i've started on both but i can do a single area. are we starting individual threads for each one? let me know. also, i don't know how much i can get done, working on other things right now, but after this weekend, i'll be able to spend more time.

another question remains, are we all using the same style? or is this one of those projects where we form a mosaic of individual interpretations. let me know. i'd be happy to try anything new.

final question: is someone thinking about a history, background of races, and gods or are we just doing maps here without regard to how certain people got there in a grand history sort of way? i wouldn't mind doing that, but it will take a bit more time if i'm working on both.

Quote Originally Posted by terrainmonkey View Post
    actually, i'll jsut take area 5. i've started on both but i can do a single area. are we starting individual threads for each one? let me know. also, i don't know how much i can get done, working on other things right now, but after this weekend, i'll be able to spend more time.

another question remains, are we all using the same style? or is this one of those projects where we form a mosaic of individual interpretations. let me know. i'd be happy to try anything new.

final question: is someone thinking about a history, background of races, and gods or are we just doing maps here without regard to how certain people got there in a grand history sort of way? i wouldn't mind doing that, but it will take a bit more time if i'm working on both.
    We are doing individual styles, as I would not want to try and map in HandsomeRob's style and Other's may not want to map in my CC3 style.

This a project to show that we as a dissimilar group of mappers can make a cohesive world.
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

is there a deadline for this part of the mapping proces? How good should you be to to join this project? It's sounds fun to me, but my mapping skills are still zero.

If both deadline and mapping skill are not to matter (too much, at least), I'll take #16.

Might be an Island Kingdom, or two? Depends on how I decide their connection to the rest of the world was/is... being this far separated from the main country certainly has its effects.

Of course, I never like to be left outside of the fun stuff so still count me in.

I'm not sure between those 2 options: either gives me the last part to make it challenging or if I have to chose, it will be either 1 or 25. I'm looking forward to do a desolate land: either a death vale govern by undead or a border land with the evil kingdom land just beside it ...

So many ideas and projects. hi hi hi ...

I think a tyrant-like kingdom would be fun to create too .

Take care all and C-U at the drawing table,
    Alu.
    Let my fangs find your neck, during the night, so that I can drink your knowledge ...

So it could be use here : www.l-hazard.com

Terrainmonkey and hans_worst I second what Ravs and Neon have said.

Baziron and Alucard great to have you onboard. Have a look around the map, see who your neighbours are and discuss shared features with them just so everyone understand what those near them have in mind. Alucard, which is it going to be?

Terrainmaonkey, we havn't got a mastermind working on backstory, races, history cultures etc. and I dont think thats the aim here. We want the process to be a bit more organic although thematic suggestions are great to spark something in the mind of the individual mappers, as has been done in this thread by Venardhi.

Neon you got thpse areas man, although I think closer inspectin will reveal thousands of tiny atolls and island chains that require intricate mapping.

Torq
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	map1a.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	79.9 KB 
ID:	2946  
    The internet! It\'ll never catch on.

Software Used: Terranoise, Wilbur, Terragen, The Gimp, Inkscape, Mojoworld

Quote Originally Posted by ravells View Post
    As far as I know there is no deadline and it doesn't matter what your mapping skills are. Jump right in and have a go!
    I'll take the rich, untouched by the plague, western part of the coastal nation: Arkon (Number 11.) We could make a nice split in the nation. The western part ignoring the cries for help and horrible stories about the plague for the east. While the east (ravells part), which is closer to the trouble, is gathering more and more troops to deal with the problems on their eastern border. The western power see their change to increase their power in the country.

Without a background no map, right?

Spare a thought for the Groamings who live most of their lives under the constant spectre of the plague and have even built great barrier walls and fortresses along their Eastern frontiers in a vain attempt to keep it out.

But those frontiers are long overrun by the unclean and unwanted who even now gaze ever Westward from those dark musty towers and seek the clean air and water of the plains and the healing sea air beyond.

Torq
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	map1a.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	79.6 KB 
ID:	2947  
    The internet! It\'ll never catch on.

Software Used: Terranoise, Wilbur, Terragen, The Gimp, Inkscape, Mojoworld

damn.. i go to a con, and everything is taken...

Ok I'll go with 15!

Got to have someone covering the plauge touched lands of death.
    The pen is truly mightier then the sword, for with one quick stroke, a pen can kill your drawing; but the sword takes a couple hits before you drop it into negitive HP.

Page 4 of 33 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast