Page 5 of 33 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Thinking Big - Torq's landgrab - choose a territory

Welcome Kagehito, great to have you on board the project. 15 is yours.

To answer some of you questions on the other thread:

Stylstically you have a free rein but will need to use the basic map provided. There is as yet no entrenched backstory, but I really like your historical overview becasue it gels with mine (i'm 13). We still need someone to do 14 though, but interest seems to be growing quickly so I dont think we'll have a problem. the plague seems to be moving Westwards from you to me, so if you have anymore ideas that may impact on what I do in 13 let me know. I hvan't started mapping yet, but its coming together in my head.

Torq
    The internet! It\'ll never catch on.

Software Used: Terranoise, Wilbur, Terragen, The Gimp, Inkscape, Mojoworld

Here's how the landgrab is looking so far. I just want to take a moment to thank all those that have supported this project so far. The level of enthusiasm and teamwork has already been awesome and I'm sure it will continue to grow.

Torq
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	map1a.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	79.4 KB 
ID:	2949  

I have repped TORQ for all his work on this project and taking on the unofficial mantel of leadership!

Well done Sir. Well Done indeed
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

My thoughts on the racial groups (as I view them as that more-so than individual nations).

SHERGAL: The Shergal peoples would closely resemble the Norse cultures, both in physical looks as well as cultural views. The Harsh northern regions and rugged coastlines would be reflected in their world views.

AKRON: These peoples would be like the Western Germanic peoples Mixed with the Spanish and some Mediteranian like the Greeks, Minoans and such.

ORVAELOS: I see these peoples as closely resembling the Arabian Cultures. Think Sinbad, and Ali Babba and the rest.

LINGEMERD: Here we have the Slavick peoples of the Russian Steppes.

BRINSMERD: The Mongols of our World. A harsh land of steppes, scrubland, vast forrests and harsh living.

GROAM: A dying people, in the midst of the plague lands, they are fast losing their cultural identity as they forsake their current beliefs searching for an explanation to the crisis besetting them.

THOUGHTS?
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

I was leaning somewhat in that direction, something of a hybrid Arabic/Renaissance Medeteranian for my area. With some more rustic rough-and-tumble folks in the mountains, leftovers of a vast but forgotten ancient (elven? dwarven? x?)empire, that leave well enough alone and are content with their hidden cities carved into the living rock. These peoples would be more like the early Ottomans if they had never advanced past the middle ages and having lost a good part of the 'civilized' part of their civilization, with the newcomers having inherited much of their leftover culture and twisted it to suit them. The lands very nearest the mountains would be occasionally raided by these remnant tribes, but local (well armed) militias and fear of military reprisals would mostly keep them at bay.

Thanks for the rep Neon, much appreciated.

I agree with the divide into peoples rather than strict kingdom territory divides. My focus is the Groamings because my area is completely in my area. I love your suggestions for them. I think the plague and avoiding it has become so endemic to their way of life, that it infuses everything. Cults have sprung up obesessed with illness as well as many doomsday cults. Many groamings have left fleeing the devastation of their own lands. Vestiges of an economy remain in the Western areas though.

Torq

When I get around to not lazing about, I'll scan that area for a place, and maybe actually get something done
    This is looking awesome so far, gj to all
    And our time is flyin', see the candle burnin' low
    Is the new world rising, from the shambles of the old
    ~The Rover - Led Zeppelin

OK I go for nr 8 as it seems no one is interested in this litle area of splendidness. This should be fun....I hope.

Welcome on board Clercon, 8 is yours. Good to have you and nice to fill in that block too.

Torq

I'm going to up and say that now I'm actually in photoshop and messing with this I'm going to want to make a few modifications to the coastlines, lakes and rivers, mountains, etc. The randomly generated map is good for a base, but it just doesn't feel right to me. Could be just because I'm working from a tiny image and had to up-rez it myself, which means it probably isn't very accurate in any case, but either way I need to be happy with what I'm working on, I think that is pretty much the only way I'll be able to keep my head in this.

As long as everything lines up with my neighbors, am I a-okay as far as ya'll concerned?

Page 5 of 33 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast