Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: TAS Form 6 - Subsector Map Grid

Map Independent SVG/PDF recreation of TAS Form 6

Quote Originally Posted by kortz View Post
    Hi there! Sorry to 'necro' this post but, could you by any chance update the dropbox links? I'd be interested in the PSD for traveller subsector
    Thanks in advance!
    Hi there! Similar apologies for hijacking this thread, but I stumbled across it searching for the kind of thing mentioned in the first post: a faithful digital reconstruction of TAS Form 6 from Traveller Book 3. Unfortunately, the OP posted only a huge-resolution JPG, which is just unacceptable for something that should be vector graphics.

So I did a thing in Inkscape and here is the result. It is not an exact replica, but pretty damn close. I prioritized things fitting my millimeter grid and an A4 paper size. The font used throughout the Traveller books is a classic called Univers. I used URW U001, a well-known free clone. For source material, I was working from the PDF "Facsimile Edition" of Classic Traveller, recently released on DriveThruRPG.

The only major differences to the original are a bit of artistic license with the barcode in the lower right and the copyright fine print (which my printer conveniently cuts off). The hexagonal grid lines may or may not be a bit lighter and thinner than the original; hard to make out from the source I have.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tas_form_6.a4.png 
Views:	26 
Size:	126.0 KB 
ID:	132653

Note that I paid attention to fill out the metadata fields in the SVG to reference and attribute the source material, as well as to attach a CC BY-NC-SA license as far as my part of this work is concerned.

PS: For one reason or another, the forum will not accept my PDF file. Here are links to both files on webspace of mine. PDF SVG
    Attached Files Attached Files

Guild Apprentice

Looks fit for purpose!
    Dwight Williams, Storyteller
    Home Page - Dreamwidth - Flickr - DeviantArt - Twitter - Mastodon/Fediverse

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345