Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Cartographers' Choice Nominations

All Choice maps have be approved by a moderator - 5 compasses does not automatically assure the map will be a choice map and a lack of 5 compasses does not necessarily mean that a map will not be chosen as a choice map (although it's unlikely).

Schwarzkreuz hits the nail on the head when he says that part of the reason for having choice maps is to highlight gems which might get lost in the huge tide of maps coming through as well as to showcase some of the real beauties that the best of the guild (often, but by no means always professionals) on this board create. We also like to showcase a variety of styles and subject matter. Unfortunately putting up choice maps is a bit of an involved process and we haven't been as diligent as we should have been in keeping up to speed. So I've rewound to Van Nevan and we will be picking maps from that point onwards as choice maps going forward.

Quote Originally Posted by ravells View Post
    Unfortunately putting up choice maps is a bit of an involved process and we haven't been as diligent as we should have been in keeping up to speed. So I've rewound to Van Nevan and we will be picking maps from that point onwards as choice maps going forward.
    Glad to here it! Just want to say thanks to you and all of the other Leaders here who give of their time to help keep this site such an amazing place.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Guild Expert Facebook Connected vorropohaiah's Avatar

there hasn't been a post here in a while so I thought i'd add a suggestion - -max-'s old empire of lorn map very nice map.

im also going through the finished threads, rating maps

Community Leader Guild Sponsor - Max -'s Avatar

I don't know what are the criterias for a featured map and if Lorn's map deserves it regarding those ones but thanks Vorropoaiah :-)

Guild Adept

I'd say it does. Rating maps. Good idea.

There have been several Deserving Contributions of late that I'd like to nominate for the Cartographers Choice award. In no particular order:

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh
    Last edited by arsheesh; 03-17-2013 at 05:59 PM.

Community Leader Guild Sponsor - Max -'s Avatar

To be honest I don't feel comfortable to be nominated with Provinces of Selen since I used someone else brushes on it (Quabbe's ones), even if they were free to use. I guess a nomination would be better with whole personnal stuff on a map.

By the way I concur with The City-Kingdoms of the Haresk and City of Galastan choices, which are two masterpieces.

The Provinces of Selen is my favorite out of the four, with The City of Glastan as a close second. The city Kingdoms of the Harask, also caught my eye. I've made one map in which I've included the family crest of the ruling families, but never thought to use the crest as the city icon.

Professional Artist Facebook Connected Blaidd Drwg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by arsheesh View Post
    There have been several Deserving Contributions of late that I'd like to nominate for the Cartographers Choice award. In no particular order:

All three of the other maps are excellent. My personal favourites among these are Haréshk and Selen (no matter how Max feels about it ). I definitely think they are better than my own map. Some of the best I've seen. And since both Vorropohaiah and Max are much more active guild members than I am, they deserve a the featured map more. Besides, my map's already getting a lot of attention on DeviantArt and has helped me land my first commission, so I'm already happy as a clam. Give someone else Eternal Glory
    Last edited by Blaidd Drwg; 03-18-2013 at 10:38 AM.

Guild Expert Facebook Connected vorropohaiah's Avatar

great news on the commission!

On a similar note, my Hareshk map helped get a couple of queries regarding commissions too, which is a great start for me. I don't know if it factors in though I already have a featured map award while other nominees don't so perhaps there are better candidates?

thanks
    Last edited by vorropohaiah; 03-18-2013 at 10:39 AM.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast