Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Cartographers' Choice Nominations

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Gidde's Avatar

Default Cartographers' Choice Nominations

Hey all,

It was suggested (and I wholeheartedly agree) for folks to nominate maps they thought would make good Cartographers' Choice maps. So to encourage this, I give you the nominations thread!

Please take a look at the CC Archive sticky to make sure the map you're nominating hasn't already been made a choice map, and then nominate them by replying here.

-- OR --

If for some reason you'd like to nominate a map on the down low, you can also use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the forums to send a message to just the CLs for your nomination.

Thanks for the help!

Current Nominations:
    City of Val Nevan - by Blaidd Drwg
    Last edited by Gidde; 07-13-2012 at 09:21 PM.

Awesome! Thanks for setting this up Gidde, I may have a recommendation or two to add in the weeks ahead.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Well, I have a nomination alright, and it's Blaid Drwg's City of Val Nevan. Simply put, it's one of the best maps I've seen here.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Um... Bump. Just because Blaid Drwg's "City of Val Nevan" maps is so good I feel it would be a travesty were it to slip through the cracks.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

That really is a must as a choice map. With the new look site posting up choice maps is hard for bears with little computer brain like myself, but I'll give it a go sometime soon.

Professional Artist Facebook Connected Schwarzkreuz's Avatar

Question

Will Val Nevan Be a CCM? There hasnt been another nominated map so far, and also support this Choice.

I also put the latest Elyden map for the CC run. It had been very inspiring and had a very intense time in the Regional WIP area and was subject to good discussions. Its impact on the Regional Maps Area is evidently, so I would like to propose it for a CC.

Professional Artist Facebook Connected Blaidd Drwg's Avatar

You guys are awesome

I'd like to nominate this baby by TheRedEpic. It blows my mind away.

There are quiet a bunch of members, who are working On maps on a professional Level, each one of them with a refined Style and advance techniques. Most prominent in my own opinion are Torstan, RedEpic, Djekspek, Sapiento and Diamond. I think most of their new maps would be likely to Be nominated with that level of expertise. I am not sure about the structures of the CC but i think its about to hightlights gems, which would perhaps just disapear in the Forum archievs. A possibility for lessser known users to shine.
    I totally agree with putting up Reds new map, dont misunderstand me, i like them all.

Professional Artist Cunning Cartographer's Avatar

Yeh I'm thinking there really should be a more rigid criteria because realistically the people Schwarzkreuz mentioned I could literally nominate near everything they have done... and that seems kind of pointless Stuff along the lines of:

- Only new submissions from <insert date> (to stop people just going through an artists entire back catalog)
    - Submissions must be of a certain size (most stuff can look beautiful when far away/small, but may look less impressive when you can actually make out the details)
    - Submissions made for the monthly Challenge/Lite Challenge are excluded

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast