Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fantasy Name Generator

Fantasy is the genre which most is aiming to stay true to conventions.

The hero's homeland is Middle Age England or Middle Age America (lol), the evil guys are in the east, and western names are distinctly English while eastern names are distinctly Orcish.

Guild Novice Facebook Connected

Im surprised nobody has mentioned this, Abulafia! (Link below) This site is awesome! It's sort of like a random generator wiki that allows users to create their own, it has place/character/item/creature names, as well as flavour text for items, descriptions of locations, and character personality concepts. I use it all the time for ideas about what I'm looking to do, I'll usually generate names a bunch of times and combine a few into something that I feel comfortable with, or use it to come up with quirks for characters in my D&D campaigns etc

http://www.random-generator.com/inde...itle=Main_Page

I'm not sure if anyone has mentioned this yet, but EBON (Everchanging Book of Names) is a great program for generating names.

Here is a link:

EBON

Default These are old now.

Quote Originally Posted by ravells View Post
    If, like me, you have trouble coming up with names for your fantasy cities and towns, have a go on this name generator. It's worth checking out the other stuff the site has to offer too.
    These tools are old now. They rarely suggest any funky looking name now a days. Perhaps, Fantasynamegenerator is the latest one out there providing brand new names. Also, I found this article reviewing some Fantasy names generator websites. Hope, it helps.

http://www.fantasynamegenerators.com/
    Same as the one mentioned above - got a lot of choices and is updated regularly. I just find that sometimes it comes up with nonsensical letter-mixing variations such as: dradriskann or sgefdaend or gremmgemikr or lligilf - but that depends. Otherwise I always use it, along with behind the name.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12