Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Your favourite fantasy world?

My interpretation so far is that roughly at the halfway point of book 2, Kvothe decided to really start messing with Chronicler or at the very least is lying his ass off since he'd rather have a fantastic representation of whatever happened compared to the truth. Considering he goes from being a lucky guile hero to a ninja master who sleeps with sex fairies and fighter of racism (#notalledemaruh), I think stuff went down way differently in that book than Kvothe is letting on. My fingers are crossed for book 3 having people start appearing and calling out Kvothes BS. shareit get-vidmateapk.com
    Last edited by vicycletwo; 01-15-2021 at 01:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by vicycletwo View Post
    My interpretation so far is that roughly at the halfway point of book 2, Kvothe decided to really start messing with Chronicler or at the very least is lying his ass off since he'd rather have a fantastic representation of whatever happened compared to the truth. Considering he goes from being a lucky guile hero to a ninja master who sleeps with sex fairies and fighter of racism (#notalledemaruh), I think stuff went down way differently in that book than Kvothe is letting on. My fingers are crossed for book 3 having people start appearing and calling out Kvothes BS.
    Book 3. Lol. Although it is far more likely than Martin ever continuing GOT.

Edit: I think Rothfuss built himself into a corner saying there were only three books/days and it's just not enough space, so that has been a real spanner in the gears.
    Last edited by Falconius; 01-14-2021 at 03:57 PM.

My favorite fantasy world is the world of the Lord of the rings. Perfectly designed and very rich in all sorts of elements! Tolkien was simply a master of creating fantasy worlds. Every time I read his books, I wanted to immerse myself in the world he wrote. Then I was just thrilled! And in principle, the universe of middle-earth was very high-quality, leaving me in a state of tension throughout any book. In this regard, Tolkien is a real Genius! The same opinion is shared by everyone with whom I met on my favorite forum on Tolkien's books: https://www.thetolkienforum.com/wiki/Helms-Deep
    Last edited by brycechard; 09-01-2021 at 09:03 AM.

I don't have such a thing. My favorite world setting, is whatever world setting I happen to be playing in, designing for, reading about at the time. Right now, I've been working on a larger setting, and a specific setting within the larger setting as the background material for all the Starfinder sci-fi/science fantasy adventure modules and rules supplements I've been publishing for the past 3 years. I have two other writers involved creating their own modules and supplements, but all loosely set inside the settings mentioned. Sure I loved Middle Earth when I was reading the Hobbit and Lord of the Rings, but that was 8th grade, and enjoyed whatever was the setting I was reading about the time, but I tend not to carry those settings with me more than some distant inspiration that might apply to settings I dream up on my own. As a hobbyist roleplayer, while I played in Greyhawk in the earliest campaigns, it wasn't more than a year or two playing D&D that I began building my own settings, and have never used the default setting of any game system since - I never used Forgotten Realms, Mystara, Rokugan. While I did play in Ravenloft and kept Barovia, I immediately began creating alternative domains beyond Ravenloft. I care nothing for the canon of published settings, and again seldom use settings that I haven't created myself.
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

I like so much fantasy settings.

Lord of the Rings
    Forgotten Realms
    Dark Sun
    Dragon Lance
    Westeros
    Dune
    Warlands (Image Comics)
    Last edited by Marcolino; 08-29-2021 at 03:12 PM.

• The Continent - The Witcher
    • Westeros - A Song of Ice and Fire
    • The Fated Place - Warhammer (Old & New)
    • In a galaxy far, far away - Star Wars
    • Nirn - The Elder Scrolls
    • Thedas - Dragon Age
    Last edited by Kâ Lys; 10-17-2021 at 12:08 AM.

The Young Kingdoms - Elric Saga - Michael Moorcock
    Midkemia - Magician Series - Raymond E. Feist
    The World - The Belgariad - David Eddings
    Eosia - The Elenium - David Eddings
    Errama - Lord of Dûs - Lawrence Watt-Evans
    Middle-Earth - Lord of the Rings - JRR Tolkien
    "Sic Gorgiamus Allos Subjectatos Nunc"

Argontath Map Finished Thread

My Flash Website! - Welcome to Argontath

Lord of the Rings was the book that made me fell in love with the fantasy genre, when I was a teenager and Middle-Earth is still my favorite fantasy world. I love the feeling of a rich history with myths, legends and songs lurking behind every corner.
    I also have a soft spot for Phantásien (Michael Ende: The Neverending Story). When I was reading the book as a child I so desperately wanted to enter this world just like Bastian did and I also love the original ideas like the colour desert Goab and the house of Aiuóla.

The Lord of the rings , middle earth is one of the most biggest and the best in the world.

Post Fantasy Worlds

I’m a fan of Middle Earth — I love the diversity.
    Wonderland and Neverland have always intrigued me.
    I enjoy most parts of Hyrule in Breath of the Wild.
    There are quite a few Ghibli invented worlds I would enjoy wandering around in.
    Lastly, I love the land on which the novel I’ve been working on is set.

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast