Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Thread: Mars Map (redone)

It's unfinished (missing labels in the Eastern part and the data under the map), but I'm wondering if it's a good thing to resize the Imperial Provinces at 75% to get them on one page. Readable? What do you think?
    ### Latest WIP ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PIMs.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	5.88 MB 
ID:	130816

So, finally, I'm gonna do the provinces on different pages at full size. This would be the size/look for the southern province of Malacandra. I think it's indeed better. Now I have to think If I split data between the provinces or not.
    ### Latest WIP ###

Name:	Malacandra.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	5.87 MB 
ID:	130831

The advices of Vorropohaiah about my Eldoran world map made me think about my Elzevir martian atlas... I will rework/replace the labels, & I'm wondering if I should place resources/additional data on the main map.
    A bit like this test
    ### Latest WIP ###

Name:	Elbenheim Test.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	5.77 MB 
ID:	131087
    Thoughts?

After many tests, I'll probably go with something close to that: map on one page, text/infographics on the opposite page.
    ### Latest WIP ###

Name:	Elbenheim.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	5.82 MB 
ID:	131171

For those who might wonder... I've covered this part of the planet.
    And I've still some hope to finish the base map before 2022... The hardest part will be the big area with no water bodies. Really glad there's the Hellas Sea in the South East.
    It is at 25%.
    ### Latest WIP ###

Name:	Mars Mercator.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	4.34 MB 
ID:	131414

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Arimel's Avatar

A giant project indeed. Glad to see you are keeping your motivation because this is a really impressive piece (or impressive pieces? Not certain whether singular or plural is correct here).

By Arimel
    A giant project indeed. Glad to see you are keeping your motivation because this is a really impressive piece (or impressive pieces? Not certain whether singular or plural is correct here).
    Thank you very much Arimel. Well, Motivation come and goes, but I try to do a little every day if not every week.

Still experimenting for my future elzévir martian atlas. First one is the basic version, second with enhance topo, third with enhanced topo & colors. Which one do you prefer?
    Base

Name:	Elbenheim noRei.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	896.6 KB 
ID:	132047
    Enhanced topo (not everywhere though)

Name:	Elbenheim jRei.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	976.5 KB 
ID:	132048
    Enhanced topo and colors

Name:	Elbenheim Rei.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	1.03 MB 
ID:	132049

My preference goes to the third one: enhanced topo and colors. I found it more vibrant and the contrast makes the relief more readable.

Merci Antoine !
    Looks like you're not the only one, considering the answers I had on twitter.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910