Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Map 25 – The Kingdom in the clouds

Yep, the mountains have a very pleasant asian look, imho. Very interesting, I'm curious to see how you'll do forests and such.

Quote Originally Posted by Azelor View Post
    @Ilanthar: I have no idea for this one. There is a lot of maritime trade in that sea (form east to west and vice verse, I guess). Maybe there is a lot of fish.
    Maybe it's know for it's sealions, half lions / half lizard. They call them the Leozard. The sea of the Leozard.
    Somehow I missed the post about the Leozard Sea, Azelor! But I see it now. I'm all for making things after the local fauna. Are the leozards to the east or west of Shipbreaker Strait?

Hey Azelor, do you have an idea of name for the river bordering our countries? I propose Jhirandas (pronounced Shirandas).

Blog Entries

Are you able to set your transparency to off for the attachment uploads so that it appears white ? I am having trouble incorporating these images into the composite map.

I got rid of the transparency. It should be easier to incorporate it in the composite map.

### LATEST WIP ###

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	25_Kingdom-in-the-clouds-v3.png 
Views:	208 
Size:	3.91 MB 
ID:	82528

I've added some labels on the map. I had the idea to modify them to fit the country's language, since the pronunciations are different. I'm not sure if I'm going to keep the modified names or stick with the originals. On one hand, it adds more flavor but also makes things more complicated for anyone trying to figure out what is going on.

I also added some mountains but are not detailed yet. The surroundings of my country will probably look like an unfinished map showing only the major elements of the landscape with little details.

I like the idea of having labels in your native tongue, but I see what you mean about it being potentially confusing. As long as J. Edward can figure it out...!

Quote Originally Posted by jshoer View Post
    I like the idea of having labels in your native tongue, but I see what you mean about it being potentially confusing. As long as J. Edward can figure it out...!
    Yep - so long as I'm clued in to what I should be putting on the map, I'm good with how you all want to go.

Hey there, friendly neighbor!

Any idea what kind of terrain you are putting in the northeast part of your land? I'd like to know how to color the little bit of the Kingdom that pokes into my map.

Most friendly neighbour!

I don't know yet. I was thinking about a rocky/hilly area but I'm not sure, I already have so many mountains.

Guild Expert Guild Supporter Lingon's Avatar

Really like your mountains there Good idea to label in a different language, adds a bit of flavor.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast