Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Map 25 – The Kingdom in the clouds

Guild Expert Guild Supporter Greg's Avatar

I saw all the comments about the "torture" and "persistence" and wondered what they were talking about. Then I saw the sheer number of trees there...With a mouse? My wrist would have seized up from repetitive motion by now. Even with a tablet, it would take a ton of effort, so I am amazed. Seriously, well done Azelor and good luck with the rest of it!

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

looking good... and I'm using a mouse as well for everything always have ... do have a tablet somewhere.. need to dig it out soon I think - although keeping it hidden might prompt me to save up for that ipad pro instead
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

So, I'm not alone in my mouse-works . Knew it ! No matter what, it's looking great Azelor. The terraces are a very good idea!

Good to know I'm not the only one using a mouse! I do have a tablet I could borrow from my sister, ill do it eventually. (Been saying that to myself for a while.)

Now I have a question about the isometric projection. For the farm terrace, I'm trying to make a guideline to make it look right with the isometric projection. I could do it without but it looked odd at some places. So basically, I draw the lines and apply a modification. Using illustrator, I use the 3D effect and rotate by 45 degrees on the X axis. Will it do, or do I need to do something else?

Torstan's method is indeed a good one if you don't want to use a 3D software, imho.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	buildings.jpeg 
Views:	79 
Size:	113.0 KB 
ID:	83184

OK, I thought about my projection problem and I haven't figured anything except that there is nothing suggesting that is could be an isometric projection. It could be that or an oblique projection, for now it doesn't really matter.
    From my tests, the field terraces look OK but maybe too steep and the colour can still be adjusted later. I do have problems drawing them when they are not directly facing the south tough.

Trees are going to replace hills. This is because my mountain design was too small and anyway: hilly regions are densely forested when water is available. For example, in Fujian, the forest covers over 70% of the province.

### LATEST WIP ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	25_Kingdom-in-the-clouds-v5 copie.jpg 
Views:	129 
Size:	9.41 MB 
ID:	83443

To redrobes: I crippled the map in the north little but I'm using the same scale as the last time.

This is so big and detailed!! the mountains and the terraced fields are awesome (I wanted them in my map also, but I didn't know how to depict them properly!) and the amount of trees is insane... I feel pain for you
    very nice!

This is so cool already Azelor.
    This will be a monster piece when it's done.
    I will keep coming around to cheer you on and encourage this piece.
    I love what you're doing with this.

I second J. Edward, I really like this one, Azelor. I think you're developing a great style here!

I like all the meandering paths through the forest in the central valley.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast