Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 10th Anniversary Worldbuilding Challenge.

Well i can take it then i guess. Do you mark the mountains in this one?

Guild Expert

Thanks J. I'm excited to get started.

Quote Originally Posted by Voolf View Post
    Do you mark the mountains in this one?
    I was going to ask the same question, I see the other Guild World base maps had mountains placed, should we wait for this or can we just decide where they go on our own? I can't see it being much of a problem since the land masses are all separate, but if you do place the mountains like you did for the other base maps could you please give me lots to work with because I'm in a mountain drawing type of mood lately.

I decided on these that I would just let you all do them as you saw fit.
    Kacey - You can make your region as mountainous as you like
    If you need anything, let me know. And enjoy.

So.. the map you attached in post #34 is the full size? If yes, its kinda small. Not that i object, just curious if it suppose to be that small?

So.. the map you attached in post #34 is the full size? If yes, its kinda small. Not that i object, just curious if it suppose to be that small?
    They are the right size. They are somewhat smaller than the other countries had been, but they would still be very large land masses.
    If you go grab the scale you'll see that this is a very large world.

As far as the resolution of the image, many of us doubled or even tripled the size of our maps.
    We just used the original image as the base for the coastlines.
    Most people just redrew the coastlines, making small changes and adding details.

Got it. You can mark land C as mine

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Really gotta get back into this ... did make a flag though - and the outlines and rivers and a test of mountains ... Remember all those who get new maps that there is a guide in here to weather conditions so you can know what kind of terrain you got
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

Guild Expert

Quote Originally Posted by J.Edward View Post
    Most people just redrew the coastlines, making small changes and adding details.
    Does this mean I can change the coast a bit? Or does it have to be exact? I'd like to make it a bit more jagged if I could, maybe a few smaller islands around the edges, but no bother if I can't I only gave it any thought after reading this comment.

Got it. You can mark land C as mine
    Got it
    Quote Originally Posted by tilt View Post
    Really gotta get back into this ... did make a flag though - and the outlines and rivers and a test of mountains ... Remember all those who get new maps that there is a guide in here to weather conditions so you can know what kind of terrain you got
    Did you post your flag in your thread? If so, I'll add it to the big map.
    Quote Originally Posted by kacey View Post
    Does this mean I can change the coast a bit? Or does it have to be exact? I'd like to make it a bit more jagged if I could, maybe a few smaller islands around the edges, but no bother if I can't I only gave it any thought after reading this comment.
    Yeah, you can change it up, so long as it basically remains similar to the main coast line. Doesn't have to be exact.

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

yep yep.. long time ago .. but no rush - we're a patient people - especially when ... talking ... to other people about... secrets *looks at sharp blade*

https://cartographersguild.com/showthread.php?t=33974 - post # 2
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast