Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Map 31 - The Glorious Empire of Aperia

Looking good Meshon!
    While coconuts are not a primary product of the Shireland, we do have some small groves and may be able to arrange a shipment or two. On the other hand Hobbits are not fond of dealing with maniacal Emperors as they usually, inadvertently, accidentally meddle with said emperors maniacal plans, ruining them completely. On accident. Sorry, didn't mean to.

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Meshon's Avatar

"WHERE IS MY MAP!" thundered the Emperor, apoplectic.
    His seneschal bowed low. "As your Industriousness may recall, our cartographers balked when you required that every tree in the Empire be drawn in exquisite stroke."
    "But what about the order to execute those who disobeyed!?"
    "Even so, your Honeyed Magnificence…"
    "But can't we just plant the trees in the map?"
    The seneschal bowed again. "I will see what can be arranged, your Hexagonality. It will require some more funds to invest…"

A few more forests popped up! I'm not sure what is happening with the mountains, they got kind of mottled. We'll see if it clears up some. This map is growing itself quite slowly it seems…
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Aperia02.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	1.00 MB 
ID:	98756
    Cheers,
    Meshon

Guild Master Facebook Connected - JO -'s Avatar

Slowly, but surely ?
    The dialogue made me smile this morning... and that means a lot !

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Meshon's Avatar

"Hills!" came the Emperor's thundering voice.
    The seneschal bowed low. "Of course, your Industriousness, there will be hills, though the cartographers had received instructions not to include them as you decreed that hills were an affront to the majesty of mountains, second only to the majesty of your most adored person."
    The Emperor looked long at the map. "And the forests?"
    "Of course, as your majesty remembers, many of the arboreal artists commissioned have been put to death, as per the decree of your Wisest Omniscience."
    "Well… well bring them back to life then."
    "It shall be done, your Golden Perfection." The seneschal paused. "There is… one more thing, your great Benevolence. It seems I must travel to the northern provinces yet again. Some funds must be allocated…"
    "Those rebel scum! Why must you go there yet again?"
    "Merely to ascertain that the coast lines have been finished to your exacting standards, your Great Golden Gloriousness. A… fact-finding mission only."
    The Emperor waved a hand in dismissal. "Of course, of course," he muttered. "Take your trip."
    Bowing low, the seneschal backed away, waiting until he had turned away before letting the ghost of a smile cross his face. The north held so much promise for the future. If he could just keep the Emperor's obsession with the map alive a while longer…

I have made a difficult decision recently. I had so much fun doing the Feud challenge, but I also realized that I'm prone to "New! Shiny" ideas and I start so many things and never finish them. As a result I am going to take a break from starting new things and focus on finishing ones that are underway. That includes a few map projects, like this one. Slowly but surely indeed…

I'm also having a bit of trouble with my computer. Since my old one got soused on wine and ceased operation I've had a new one. Unfortunately its graphics processing power is lesser and I find that I'm having pretty significant brush lag in Photoshop. I'm going to do some research to figure out what the story is. Any suggestions?

Thanks for checking this out!

Cheers,
    Meshon

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Aperia.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	643.5 KB 
ID:	106030

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123