Page 12 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

Thread: Kronos (reborn) topographic

My expirement with DEM. This is very easy and qick to create height map. I use it like substat for hand draw. You can see that rivers are crasy now, I planing fix this and others problem places in traditional hand-draw elevation
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	++Kronos_2020++.jpg 
Views:	97 
Size:	3.26 MB 
ID:	127251  

I think finish soon my height map.
    P.S. I added map with pink lines that show my problem places that I didn`t like or it`s look strange for me. I will glad any advice about improvet it

Name:	Kronos relief.jpg 
Views:	164 
Size:	5.18 MB 
ID:	127314   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	++Kronos_2020+++.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	3.75 MB 
ID:	127315   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	problems.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	3.76 MB 
ID:	127317   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	plates2.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	4.40 MB 
ID:	127318  
    Last edited by Harrg; 12-22-2020 at 02:23 AM.

Tectonic model.
    Today active only purple, blue and black zones.
    Brown Maromar-Sarpadia belt is old border of northern continent. Borwn Hornhord-Kallihar blet is old too.
    I just not shure about north. I feel than should be old belt from Hibben to Svartal on west coast, but it brake east coast, because after Ice Age it will be under water? Mb sent old belt from Maromar-Veldia-Svartal on the east side?

Name:	tectonic.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	2.99 MB 
ID:	127336  

This all looks excellent to me so far, and I think your tectonic boundaries make sense as they're placed now. A couple things I might have done differently, such as adding some more mountain ranges to the north of your big orogeny in the center of the continent, and maybe putting the plateau/escarpment closer to the coast where the small continent is rifting in the south. But overall I think it's quite plausible.

When it comes to inactive orogenies such as in the north, I suppose you've a bit more room to play, especially since they tend to get warped and deformed by subsequent tectonic processes. Of course, the best way to figure that out would be to map out the tectonic history in GPlates, but that all depends on how much time you want to spend with it! I think it looks alright as is, though perhaps I would put at least one more defined mountain range (such as the Appalachians or the Ural Mountains) rather than one big plateau. But again, overall it looks great!

Thank you Tiluchi!
    A couple things I might have done differently, such as adding some more mountain ranges to the north of your big orogeny in the center of the continent
    Yes. I thinked about mounatain range like Tian Shan. Brown line in my gray map show it. I was not sure about this, but your advice convinced me otherwise. It formed 2 big plane, like Gobi or Taklamakan (between Maromar and Izsarant and between Kalenor and Sarpadia in my map).

I change relief on the north. Now u can see old mountain range from Hibben on the south-west to Svartal and Whale coast on the north. Aslo I added old mountain range on the middle of continent. And like experiment I added some volcanose on the east of Middle Sea.I think this volcanos look interesting and soon I will add new volcanic lines in right places.
    Now I`m working on islands arcs on the west and east of continent. I see some problem places, that I whant try fixe with wilbur mask(not shure will it be work or not)

Name:	Kronos_v2.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	3.52 MB 
ID:	127383   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Kronos_v2-.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	3.61 MB 
ID:	127384  

This looks like an improvement! Always a fan of adding more volcanoes, especially since this seems to have good enough resolution that they'd be visible. Guessing the coastal mountain range in the far east would be volcanic, as it appears to be on a subductive margin. Also a big fan of the glacial (?) lakes up in the northern part.

Thank you.
    Guessing the coastal mountain range in the far east would be volcanic, as it appears to be on a subductive margin.
    Yes Narratar mountains(far east) will be volcanic.
    Also a big fan of the glacial (?) lakes up in the northern part
    Yes I mean glacial lakes.
    I'm not completely satisfied of my north. If correctly use glacie erosion it flooded it and will be islands here. I whant save plaine with lakes, but not sea bottom. Mb make west-nothern mountains range active? I thinked about Pangea or Lavrasia model for it. Panthalassa ocean on the norht-west and Tetiss ocean on the east.
    With this model I will have 3 oceans. Panthalassa-like on the norht-west, Tetiss-like on the east, and south Pole ocean. And 2 big continetal mass - Kronos and TERRA BOREA on the north-east
    I show it in sketch.

Name:	gipotetical.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	4.41 MB 
ID:	127479  
    Last edited by Harrg; 12-28-2020 at 03:33 PM.

Small test with shading and coloring.
    There are many troubles with wilbur artifacts, I will fixe it soon. In some place there are height difference and unrealistic smooth coasts(I mean brush movement, I need remake for more realistic coastline erosion) Also I need fixe rivers, add sand dunes, swamps, volcaonoes, and etc

Name:	Kronos_2021.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	3.84 MB 
ID:	128186  

Some fun with bathymetry. I ignored it in my previouse maps, but I think it`s look interesting
    I need advice about base relief and land formes, tectonic, previouse than I will start work with small details of coast and relief.
    Mb add some small mountain ranges, or correct it? (Ignore rivers on this step, I will be work on it soon)
    I think nothern part looks better, but something wrong. And Tavant-Izsarant (mountain on the west of "Himalay")looks strange too
    P.S.
    I added some dunes and barkhans, make correction of coast, added new lakes and fixed old, lowered the land level in some places, made the mountains clearer and added orogeny Zagros-like on the west. And now it`s look better

Name:	Kronos_2021.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	5.98 MB 
ID:	128222   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Kronos_2021+.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	6.08 MB 
ID:	128237  
    Last edited by Harrg; 02-07-2021 at 03:35 AM.

Page 12 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast