Page 19 of 25 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Kronos (reborn) topographic

Quote Originally Posted by Harrg View Post
    Hello. Thank you.
    Yes. I use real world DEM. But in difficult places i use hand drawn height map.
    I made some blueprints in wilbur like volcano
    My landmasses and borders I drew only by hand
    Would you ever do a video walkthrough for us? I'm so interested, as it seems are so many others, with your whole process and results so personally I'd even pay to support something like that.

More details for God of Details! I started experement with big zoomed sattelite map. I dream make all Kronos map like Google Earth. And it means that I need draw 1000 and 1000 maps)) And I sarted draw from small island, near Keldar in Amber sea. I`m not shure how will be connect borders map, but I use my old DEM and try to save Kronos relief in small maps.
    The magnified map you did here is also amazing! I'd love to learn about that too

Map

Quote Originally Posted by Darrow View Post
    Would you ever do a video walkthrough for us? I'm so interested, as it seems are so many others, with your whole process and results so personally I'd even pay to support something like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darrow View Post
    The magnified map you did here is also amazing! I'd love to learn about that too
    Thank you, but alas, the video format is not included in my plans. I can show this process in discord, on the guild server, when it is convenient time. (Closer to the new year)

### Latest WIP ###
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Kronos_world+.jpg 
Views:	95 
Size:	4.51 MB 
ID:	132107  

Wip

I usually show intermediate results with shading and gradient. Today I want to show what the whole work is based on - a height map. It is the height map that lies at the heart of the entire production process. Now I am finishing fine details, leveling the height, working with the relief of the seabed. I add rivers and so on. Gradually, step by step, I am getting closer to completion.
    From a heightmap, I create a shaded map, on top of which I apply a gradient or textures to create different types of maps, from satellite to relief.

### Latest WIP ###

Name:	Kronos_world heightmap.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	2.29 MB 
ID:	132156  

Wip

New test with texturing

### Latest WIP ###

Name:	Kronos_world sattelite.jpg 
Views:	124 
Size:	5.19 MB 
ID:	132256  

Guild Member Facebook Connected Ryan Pourchot's Avatar

Loving the updated work, texture came out great.
    Do you plan on expanding on the world?

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Nice update! Have you checked rivers flow height to sea ? The main problem working with heightmaps is that the rivers must be reworked in erosion to make them reach the sea ; also check the shoreline heights that seem too step ...
    Everything else looks great.

Many thanks!

Loving the updated work, texture came out great.
    Do you plan on expanding on the world?
    I am anxiously thinking about the expansion of the world, because on the one hand, it is interesting and exciting, but at the same time it spends a lot of time and effort, and I would like to approach the completion of the project. But most likely, sooner or later I will come to the map of the whole world. There are many pitfalls here, for example I will have to deal with changing the projection for northern latitudes, etc.

Nice update! Have you checked rivers flow height to sea ? The main problem working with heightmaps is that the rivers must be reworked in erosion to make them reach the sea ; also check the shoreline heights that seem too step ...
    Everything else looks great.
    Yes, that's what I'm busy with right now. Initially, I worked on different groups of layers for land and sea from 0 to 255. Now I have combined them into one range, ie. the deepest sea trough is 0 and the highest mountain is 255. (formerly 0 was the beginning of land and the seabed ended at 255). Unfortunately, this led just to the steep cliffs on the border of land and water. I am trying now to pay a lot of attention to the shelf and the seabed.

For rivers, I have so far rudely used the services of a wilbur, but far from everywhere he reached the sea or laid rivers as I would like. I will deal with river flow adjustments a little later, as there are still regions that will undergo certain changes. The same applies to lakes and dry bodies of water. Now the lakes are simply painted on top of the texture, and are not inscribed in the relief, which is not true. Because lakes at this stage are not water intakes.

I also want to heavily edit the coast. For example add more fjords to the north. Draw deltas and sediments

Many thanks!

I am anxiously thinking about the expansion of the world, because on the one hand, it is interesting and exciting, but at the same time it spends a lot of time and effort, and I would like to approach the completion of the project. But most likely, sooner or later I will come to the map of the whole world. There are many pitfalls here, for example I will have to deal with changing the projection for northern latitudes, etc.

Yes, that's what I'm busy with right now. Initially, I worked on different groups of layers for land and sea from 0 to 255. Now I have combined them into one range, ie. the deepest sea trough is 0 and the highest mountain is 255. (formerly 0 was the beginning of land and the seabed ended at 255). Unfortunately, this led just to the steep cliffs on the border of land and water. I am trying now to pay a lot of attention to the shelf and the seabed.

For rivers, I have so far rudely used the services of a wilbur, but far from everywhere he reached the sea or laid rivers as I would like. I will deal with river flow adjustments a little later, as there are still regions that will undergo certain changes. The same applies to lakes and dry bodies of water. Now the lakes are simply painted on top of the texture, and are not inscribed in the relief, which is not true. Because lakes at this stage are not water intakes.

I also want to heavily edit the coast. For example add more fjords to the north. Draw deltas and sediments
    One good thing of making the rest of the world , even if just outlined is that gives you the base layout to determine currents , winds, temperatures and rainfall that will influence climates qnd so riverflows.

Excellent work! I hope you'll have enough time, energy and passion to finish this project - the final map will be amazing.
    So, don't give up!

Page 19 of 25 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920212223 ... LastLast