Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ... 11171819202122232425 LastLast

Thread: Kronos (reborn) topographic

Step by step. I whant to create "based" relief map for whole world and than back to tectonic model. Again. Because now I see many problem places here. By Charerg help I can work with polar parts.
    Here is small gif
    https://gfycat.com/memorablejoyfuldegus
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ice world.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	5.18 MB 
ID:	133927  

Wip

### Latest WIP ###

Hello,
    My I ask how you put together your bathimetry data, that is, those ocean depths?
    Are they just drawn by hand, or did you work in actual bathymetry data from real-world data (like the DEMs for the landmasses)?
    Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Harrg View Post
    ### Latest WIP ###
    красивый мир
    Beautifull world.

Hello,
    My I ask how you put together your bathimetry data, that is, those ocean depths?
    Are they just drawn by hand, or did you work in actual bathymetry data from real-world data (like the DEMs for the landmasses)?
    Thank you.
    Hi! I use DEM and hand-drawn. I have 2 groups of height map for earth and water in diapozone from 0 to 255 color. When I whant make smooth gradient I just use curve in photoshop. For mixed different DEM`s use soft light in layer settings

красивый мир
    Beautifull world
    Thank you very much!

Thank you for this.
    So, basically, the techniques you use to merge/mix parts of real life DEMs to create your fantasy DEMs are the ones you employ to put together your bathymetry.

Quote Originally Posted by cyanide_baby View Post
    Thank you for this.
    So, basically, the techniques you use to merge/mix parts of real life DEMs to create your fantasy DEMs are the ones you employ to put together your bathymetry.
    Yep, for shading and DEMaking water and land I use one method. Shade I make in photoshop too. Coppy ur heightmap on new alpha chanel. Make new layer, fill gray. Select this layer. Open filter-light effects. Choose unlimited light, choose in settings ur alpha chanel with heightmap. Extrude on 8. Ta daam u have shading map. Add new layer on top of ur shading layer. Past here height map. Make gradient fill on top of it. Press alt and LMB between gradient layer and height map. Ur cursor chaged to specific arrow, it mean, that gradient will be work only on this layer. Change transpety of heightmap for 50-60. U can also change lyaer setting to soft light.
    The end.

Looking good as always! Did you end up using GProjector to work on the poles (the old-fashioned approach), or did you figure out how to do the re-projections in QGIS?

Quote Originally Posted by Charerg View Post
    Looking good as always! Did you end up using GProjector to work on the poles (the old-fashioned approach), or did you figure out how to do the re-projections in QGIS?
    Thank you! Yes I finally got g.projectore working properly on my computer and it finally allows me to save high resolution images. I could not resist and made a primitive relief to see if the reprojection works correctly
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Kronos_full_world_2022=.jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	4.55 MB 
ID:	133948  

### Latest WIP ###
    https://gfycat.com/boilingdifficultbluet
    another back time animation of tectonic plates in my world

Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ... 11171819202122232425 LastLast