Page 22 of 25 FirstFirst ... 121819202122232425 LastLast

Thread: Kronos (reborn) topographic

Guild Member Facebook Connected Ryan Pourchot's Avatar

Absolutely wonderful work here! Bravo Harrg!

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Pourchot View Post
    Absolutely wonderful work here! Bravo Harrg!
    Thank you very much!

I haven't posted anything for a long time and it's time to show the updated sketch of the world map.
    As I have said many times, my world building is of a spiral iterative nature. I have no idea what the world looks like outside of that ecumene, which is already drawn and detailed. In general, all these gray continents appeared due to the fact that I did not understand how the boundaries of already existing land masses should look. So for example, trying to figure out how the cape should end in the southeast of the main continent, I drew Albara.
    But the question arose: how should Albara end in the south?
    Also, for a long time I could not explain how I got the old Misty Mountains in the northwest. Intuitively, I understood that I should have a zone of fire belt on at least one side. All this led me to the need to sketch the whole world.
    Now I seem to have started rubbing the bricks together and they are starting to look more and more natural. A lot of things still confuse me.
    I think the island arc in the northeast should run closer to the main land mass, creating a smaller back-arc basin.
    It is necessary to slightly correct the region of the breakthrough of the Middle Sea, I think to go here according to the scenario with the Black Sea.
    It is necessary to think over the process of the collapse of the previous super continent and understand how the new "Pacific Ocean" was formed.
    At some point, I remembered that I did not pay attention to glacial erosion, although I worked with lakes, I did not carve fjords in the rocks at all.
    The only scenario for the collapse of the last supercontinent that I know is the southern part
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2022_gray_map.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	6.02 MB 
ID:	134418  

I haven't posted anything for a long time. Finally, there was time and a new computer that I can not be distracted by lags. Lately I've been completely stuck in gplates Working on the tectonics of the world. The North remains the most difficult region for me. It has a very rich geological history.
    When I think of the north, I imagine a series of microcontinents and island arcs that collided with each other and were then severely eroded by glaciers.

### Latest WIP ###

wip
    don't pay much attention to the northwest. There, for now, the plates see themselves as drunk.
    I worked on the southern region. Finally, I achieved a good result, in my opinion, on the collapse of the Paleo-Albara. Although I still want to add a few details.
    The orange color in Albar is the remnants of a fault that tends to come to life lately. He aims to split Albara into 2 continents in the future

Last edited by Harrg; 01-04-2023 at 07:27 AM.

The works looks good, but are you considering also underwater plates ? Couse not all are emerged.

Quote Originally Posted by Naima View Post
    The works looks good, but are you considering also underwater plates ? Couse not all are emerged.
    Hah thank you. If u mean this blue plate on the south - it`s just undrawn yet.

I'm not entirely sure about the shape and geologic history of the south pole plate (blue plate)
    I also do not yet know how the boundary between the southern plate and Albara will pass, whether there will be an island arc there, as a continuation of subduction, or something else.

Now I want to jump back in time a little more and see the process of the collapse of the supercontinent. Perhaps this will guide me further.

Quote Originally Posted by Harrg View Post
    Hah thank you. If u mean this blue plate on the south - it`s just undrawn yet.

I'm not entirely sure about the shape and geologic history of the south pole plate (blue plate)
    I also do not yet know how the boundary between the southern plate and Albara will pass, whether there will be an island arc there, as a continuation of subduction, or something else.

Now I want to jump back in time a little more and see the process of the collapse of the supercontinent. Perhaps this will guide me further.
    No I mean that you have to imagine the whole planet like a magma ball covered with coldened crusts, those crack around and float over that boiling mass... some are taller some are lower, the lower is under ocean the upper are the continents. They interact so if you push a continent over a direction it can meet the underwater plate and interact with it .

No I mean that you have to imagine the whole planet like a magma ball covered with coldened crusts, those crack around and float over that boiling mass... some are taller some are lower, the lower is under ocean the upper are the continents. They interact so if you push a continent over a direction it can meet the underwater plate and interact with it .
    O I see.I roughly keep in mind the basic shape of the plates. But one of my goals is just to understand where the boundaries of oceanic faults are. Now I have no idea how my "Pacific Ocean" developed. I am also a hostage to the existing topography and need to manipulate the maps so that they don't disturb it too much. I would not like to see subduction from the north south on the west coast of the mainland.
    My whole process is built from the opposite.
    I roughly understand that I have an analogue of paleo-Tethys in the center. Something similar to Laurasia in the north.I would like to work out the model of the northern continent in more detail, because. I don't like direct copying of the Himalayas. I want a more complex model that suits me. I am partially trying to explain the existence of a water corridor between the Middle Sea and the ocean, for example, with the help of fault.
    I also do not know if there are subductions for production, from the Island in the north of Albara to 3 islands Kalenordon zone
    The Hibben Mountains (north-south) in the north are most likely the result of an old collision of an island arc and Veldia
    Simply put, all I know is what land looks like at the moment
    P.S.
    One of the reasons why I'm focusing on the south right now is that it's one of the few regions that I understand in general. There is simply a process of disintegration of a large continent and the formation of a new triangle of the ocean (?)
    Last edited by Harrg; 01-04-2023 at 08:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Harrg View Post
    O I see.I roughly keep in mind the basic shape of the plates. But one of my goals is just to understand where the boundaries of oceanic faults are. Now I have no idea how my "Pacific Ocean" developed. I am also a hostage to the existing topography and need to manipulate the maps so that they don't disturb it too much. I would not like to see subduction from the north south on the west coast of the mainland.
    My whole process is built from the opposite.
    I roughly understand that I have an analogue of paleo-Tethys in the center. Something similar to Laurasia in the north.I would like to work out the model of the northern continent in more detail, because. I don't like direct copying of the Himalayas. I want a more complex model that suits me. I am partially trying to explain the existence of a water corridor between the Middle Sea and the ocean, for example, with the help of fault.
    I also do not know if there are subductions for production, from the Island in the north of Albara to 3 islands Kalenordon zone
    The Hibben Mountains (north-south) in the north are most likely the result of an old collision of an island arc and Veldia
    Simply put, all I know is what land looks like at the moment
    P.S.
    One of the reasons why I'm focusing on the south right now is that it's one of the few regions that I understand in general. There is simply a process of disintegration of a large continent and the formation of a new triangle of the ocean (?)
    I usually start also from a general idea of the map I want , as continental shapes, and then I work out the plates, but if you do not have the whole picture of the plates cutted on the sphere it is difficult to understand what goes where and why , I think you need to first draw all other plates too and then in combination with those decide the directions fo the continents.

I usually start also from a general idea of the map I want , as continental shapes, and then I work out the plates, but if you do not have the whole picture of the plates cutted on the sphere it is difficult to understand what goes where and why , I think you need to first draw all other plates too and then in combination with those decide the directions fo the continents.
    Yep this is a big problem for me.
    I am moving in this direction. First, I want to finish the animation of those things that are unambiguously clear and understandable to me and start from them.
    I added the north polar continent because I think its presence there is logical. It was part of the Veldo-Sarpadia paleocontinent, which has now split apart. You can see that Calenordon appeared for a short period during the collapse of Veldo-Sarpadia, but then Veldia again pulled him to her.
    Here is a link on video model.
    ### Latest WIP ###
    https://youtu.be/CZWFq-NbFPo

Last edited by Harrg; 01-07-2023 at 05:49 AM.

Page 22 of 25 FirstFirst ... 121819202122232425 LastLast