Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 14202122232425 LastLast

Thread: Kronos (reborn) topographic

Guild Member
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Harrg View Post
    ### Latest WIP ###
    Fast sketchs

Looks really cool! Are the sektches new continents you added?

Quote Originally Posted by WoodytheClimateGuy View Post
    Looks really cool! Are the sektches new continents you added?
    Thank you! This is what I came up with based on my knowledge of the two continents Albara and Honhord. I "study" their geology and based on this I have sketched the whole world.There are still many iterations ahead, but this is starting to take on the look that I like more and more. There are many more places that look strange or wrong.
    Here is new landmasses, that I plan added

Guild Member
    Blog Entries

Well, I like the new landmasses! It definitely shows that you followed my advice on making the world less empty.

Map

Didn't do anything satellite map style for a long time. I decided to take a break from gplats and indulge in Photoshop.
    ### Latest WIP ###
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sattelite map 2033.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	5.87 MB 
ID:	135442  

Map

It is necessary to sum up the intermediate results of a long work. I once again became interested in creating a pseudo satellite map and this is what happened. Unfortunately, in the process, I accidentally married some layers and now I can't go back a step to make changes. Therefore, texturing would have to continue from scratch. This cannot be called a complete map. But nevertheless it is ready. I like the results more and more. But this is not the end! I will go back to the height map, geology and tectonics, in order to make a satellite map again in a couple of years. Maybe.
    I have to say that it's getting harder to make changes, and in large part because I seem to be really close to what I'm willing to call the finished version.
    I need another push to gnaw through the rivers and finish the bathymetry. But maybe I will temporarily digress to something else, because. slowly began to tire. 10 or so years! haha
    ### Latest WIP ###

Name:	sattelite map 2033.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	6.34 MB 
ID:	135450  

I can finally play around with my map.
    Neolithic to Early Bronze Age Cultures map with main cultures
    ### Latest WIP ###

Last edited by Harrg; 03-16-2023 at 11:59 AM.

Congrats! Really cool to see it get to this stage. I'm also starting a next step (speculative evolution in my case) and it's quite rewarding to move past geography and climates.

Wip

### Latest WIP ###
    gplates again and first tribes

Name:	племена.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	5.66 MB 
ID:	136094  

Wip

### Latest WIP ###
    new sketches from gplates
    I seem to be getting closer and closer to the final view of the world. I like this arrangement better.

I have already whined many times that it is quite difficult to make the whole world, starting from the original forms of one continent without significant changes, because. tectonics times can be very unpredictable. But it seems I'm close to a more or less adequate scenario. I still have the difficult work of explaining in detail the central plateau and the strait with the Inland Sea. But it seems I found the right way

My scenario of the possible moment of the collapse of Pangea (this seems too likely) into three main continents, as was the case with Laurasia and Gondwana. This was followed by the disintegration of my "Gondwana" into Hornhord and Albara. Hornhord rushed to the northern paleoocean, Tethys appeared and collided with Svartal. Svartal is the northern continent that broke away from my Laurasia.

A new continent for me broke away from Laurasia, which for the time being I will call Hibben.
    But with Hibben, a similar story happened as with Pangea, only on a smaller scale. It continued to split and close the remains of the paleo-ocean(?) to form a series of island arcs, much like Chimeria did in the real world. I'm expecting a rather difficult coast, like the inland one on the western edge of the Hibben.

In the future, the land will again gather somewhere in the region of the north pole.

modern

modern

Wip

### Latest WIP ###
    I mapped the age of the oceanic crust from the mid-ocean ridge.
    The colors here are chosen conditionally, I just walked 10 ma. But I did not make any specific reference to the time.
    Now that I know half of my oceanic crust, it will be easier for me to reconstruct the rest of the world.

Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 14202122232425 LastLast