Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Buy Sell Forum Information

You are ABSOLUTELY CORRECT!

My capital "M" has been changed to "m", even though I was careful to type it with a capital M.

Tell you what else I notice - on the numerous times I tried to log into Cartographer's Guild from Panjo, my password asterixes (asterixii?... asteri?...) were obscured by the prompt, and seemed to disappear before I finished typing them. Its like the password was being deleted as I typed it. I tried pasting it from a text file, but that didn't work either.

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    You are ABSOLUTELY CORRECT!

My capital "M" has been changed to "m", even though I was careful to type it with a capital M.

Tell you what else I notice - on the numerous times I tried to log into Cartographer's Guild from Panjo, my password asterixes (asterixii?... asteri?...) were obscured by the prompt, and seemed to disappear before I finished typing them. Its like the password was being deleted as I typed it. I tried pasting it from a text file, but that didn't work either.
    Okay, so maybe that's what's causing the problem. Although... that does seem a bit odd, for our usernames to be changed if it does indeed rely on exact matches to connect with other sites. Hmmm...

The problem with your password... is that happening for the the login prompt, when you click the "Cartographers' Guild" checkbox at the bottom of the listing? I've tried 4 or 5 times and didn't experience anything weird like that when trying to login to the Guild. Just the error message I posted earlier.

It may have been a glitch. I only experienced it once, but it did strike me as being a bit strange. I've never seen anything like that before.

My password has an upper case J in it. Does yours have any upper case letters in it?

Just thinking out loud here, because if our usernames were modified, then maybe our passwords were too. So although we would still be able to log in (because the text box entries we make on Panjo would switch everything to lower case), that's why nothing matches up.

If that really is the problem, then none of us with upper case letters in our usernames or passwords will ever be able to get this to work... which is a heck of a lot of members!
    Last edited by Mouse; 07-21-2016 at 07:09 PM.

It may have been a glitch. I only experienced it once, but it did strike me as being a bit strange. I've never seen anything like that before.

My password has an upper case J in it. Does yours have any upper case letters in it?

Just thinking out loud here, because if our usernames were modified, then maybe our passwords were too. so although we would still be able to log in (because the text box entries we make on Panjo would switch everything to lower case), that's why nothing matches up.

If that really is the problem, then none of us with upper case letters in our usernames or passwords will ever be able to get this to work... which is a heck of a lot of members!
    Nope, my password doesn't have any uppercase letters.

This is really puzzling. I'm so curious to know what the problem is! I was hoping something might be resolved soon (I'm dying to go to bed), but it's become a quest now and I don't want to sleep until I can post my fake listing. LOL!

Two test subjects standing on the side of the pool. Exhibit A - one soggy and half drowned mouse, exhibit B - one exhausted lifeguard - Neyjour!

I think poor Robbie must have gotten tied up with other things right now. Probably just as well to take a break while its all really quiet Robbie's got my login details and password to play with my account if he needs to see what's going on from a member's point of view, and I need to go and see mum again anyway!

Thanks for diving in to save me. Have a good sleep now

Back later!

Administrator Facebook Connected Robbie's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Yup, been busy. And there's not much I can do anyway until their tech support takes a look anyways. Bleh

Posted mobile using Tapatalk
    All Hail FlappyMap! Long Live MapFeed!

Robbie Powell - Site Admin

Two test subjects standing on the side of the pool. Exhibit A - one soggy and half drowned mouse, exhibit B - one exhausted lifeguard - Neyjour!

I think poor Robbie must have gotten tied up with other things right now. Probably just as well to take a break while its all really quiet Robbie's got my login details and password to play with my account if he needs to see what's going on from a member's point of view, and I need to go and see mum again anyway!

Thanks for diving in to save me. Have a good sleep now

Back later!
    Thanks. Yeah, I can't stay up anymore... I really need to get myself to bed. And like Robbie said, there's really nothing else we can do except wait for Panjo tech support to look into it. Hopefully it won't take them too long. I'll check back in later this evening.

my password asterixes (asterixii?... asteri?...)
    Asterices.
    Bryan Ray, visual effects artist
    http://www.bryanray.name

Quote Originally Posted by midgardsormr View Post
    asterices.
    Thank you!

Administrator Facebook Connected Robbie's Avatar
    Blog Entries

mouse or neyjour, could you go here: https://panjo.com/p/cartographersguild and see if you can see anything? Don't do anythign or add anything.
    All Hail FlappyMap! Long Live MapFeed!

Robbie Powell - Site Admin

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast