Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Buy Sell Forum Information

Administrator Facebook Connected Robbie's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Buy Sell Forum Information

Welcome to the Cartographers' Guild Panjo Marketplace.

Here you can buy and sell things using the panjo.com marketplace system integrated with the forums.

I will be detailing this post as I learn more about the system through testing and user feedback.

Click the New Thread button in this forum to create a new listing and follow the instructions to establish your panjo account linked to this one and make your listing.

Panjo.com will collect a 6.9% fee which will be split with the Guild, and a 2.9% payment processing fee.

Until we develop a digital distribution method, you as the seller are responsible for sending the digital files to your buyers.

If you wish to have a persistent listing or if you want to offer multiple sales of one item you need to create your listing. Once the listing is live, the you'll see the detail page for your listing as the buyer would see it. You will then see an 'edit listing' button in the upper left corner (on desktop) and if you click 'edit listing' you then get access to a quantity field. You can edit that field to something like 100 or 1000 to handle multiple sales of the same thing.*

More to come! Stay Tuned!
    Last edited by Robbie; 07-20-2016 at 05:05 PM.
    All Hail FlappyMap! Long Live MapFeed!

Robbie Powell - Site Admin

Sounds interesting Robbie, I look forward to seeing how this works out

Blog Entries

Now sell some stuff!

Posted mobile using Tapatalk

I think... although I would never presume to speak for anyone else... it looks to me like we are all standing around this gorgeous new swimming pool you have made for us, and we are all watching each other with nervous anticipation - waiting to see what happens to the one who gets pushed in... so to speak.

Um... just supposing that someone uploads something for sale (not me because I haven't got anything to sell, but just supposing)... and it starts to sell like there's no tomorrow?

If anyone did end up in a bit of a mess with too many orders to honour by hand - drowning, in other words - say though limited broadband or internet access. Is there a rescue plan?

Blog Entries

I would say yes. Because we have our own server here and full control of it. In a "selling like hotcakes" situation, I would work with the seller to get the digital media put on our server or something so it can be sent easily. Fear not, we'll make it work somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    I think... although I would never presume to speak for anyone else... it looks to me like we are all standing around this gorgeous new swimming pool you have made for us, and we are all watching each other with nervous anticipation - waiting to see what happens to the one who gets pushed in... so to speak.
    That's just perfect. LOL!! I've been sitting here, staring at this forum, and thinking, "I wonder who's going to go first?"

Actually, I wouldn't mind being a guinea pig, but I don't have anything to sell at the moment...

Robbie, if we put up a listing before an automatic/instant delivery system is implemented, will we be able to edit that listing at a later date to toggle "on" the automatic delivery? Or, will it automatically be toggled "on" for us. Or, will we have to delete the original listing and create a new one?

Blog Entries

The digital distribution will probably not be fully automated...you'll have to verify that the payment was completed and then fire off the "whatever it is" that sends the file...I haven't quite figured out what it will be yet or how it will be done, but I'm not sure if it's going to be fully automated...just mostly.

Quote Originally Posted by Robbie View Post
    The digital distribution will probably not be fully automated...you'll have to verify that the payment was completed and then fire off the "whatever it is" that sends the file...I haven't quite figured out what it will be yet or how it will be done, but I'm not sure if it's going to be fully automated...just mostly.
    Ah, I see. Okay, thanks.

I'm still a bit confused about how an actual listing would look/work, here on the forums. (I've only sold through RPGNow before, so I'm not at all familiar with this particular format for sales... ) I've been trying to do a Google search, to see examples on other sites, but all the links I'm coming up with are either dead, or they're just a couple sentences about the product, with no links or a "buy" button, etc. (I guess those are expired?)

Robbie, would you (or one of the other Admin/Mods) maybe consider posting a "fake" listing for us, please? Just so anyone (like me) who's clueless about this can get a better idea of what it would look like (just temporarily, until someone actually takes the plunge with a real listing)?

I'm just wondering about things like:
    Is the listing actually posted (with pictures, info, buy button, etc.) on the Panjo website, and when we make a post here it's just a short description with link that directs the buyer to that listing?
    Or, is our post here the actual listing, where we can attach promotional images, information, etc. (formatted how we want it to look - just like a normal post at the Guild), and then there's a link or buy button embedded in the post for the buyer to click and be sent directly to the payment process?

Blog Entries

I'm no longer at my computer and won't be until tomorrow so anyone whether they're a cl or not could create a fake listing and see what is involved. I posted one earlier and it seemed ok and pretty comprehensive. Give it a shot yourself. Just make something outlandish with a price no one will pay and make sure to call it a test or something and mention not to buy it.

I do know the listing will appear both in the panjo marketplace and in our forum. When the buy now link is clicked the buyer is sent to panjo to pay.

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast