View Poll Results: Do you want to map 'Guild City'?

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'd like to map all or part of 'Guild City'

24 85.71%
  • I'd like to watch people trying to map 'Guild City'

4 14.29%
  • This is a bad idea, please don't use it!

0 0%
Page 5 of 51 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Guild City

Oh! LOL!

Well, we're still waiting for the ok from J.Edward anyway, so I guess there's no particular emergency...

How long will you be off the grid?

So my 2 cents.... If we are all going to do sections of one large city, then in addition to a general layout and how each section connects to the ones around it, there should be a general type of city predetermined. For example, is this a Large medieval city in a fantasy setting built by mixed races, or a High Elven enclave, or is it a current Earth world city like London, is it at it's peak or is it post-apocalyptic.
    It would look silly if we all did our thing and we ended up with a Dwarven Garrison sitting next to a Space launch facility

Excellent point!

I certainly don't want to end up shacked up next door to a rowdy bunch of alien thingummies from the 43rd century if I'm trying to lead a nice quiet medieval life!

Maybe we need to decide what period the 'present day' city is, so that older sectors can reflect earlier architectural styles?
    Last edited by Mouse; 01-04-2017 at 07:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    Oh! LOL!

Well, we're still waiting for the ok from J.Edward anyway, so I guess there's no particular emergency...

How long will you be off the grid?
    I'll be offline for about 2 weeks. I'll try to send a PM today, though.

THW

Formerly TheHoarseWhisperer

Guild Journeyer Facebook Connected DarkInfinity's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    That's really generous of you, DarkInfinity

However, I can't say whether this is even going to happen just yet, because that's down to what Robbie (our most wonderful Guild Webmaster) and the CLs say, but your offer is noted. Thank you

In the meantime I wonder if you have seen the Guildworld zoomable map? I believe Redrobes set it up from scratch.

EDIT: ninja'd by Straff! LOL!
    No worries, I totally understand, need approval from the zoning committee, HUD, and a permit from the state. and all that good stuff.

I'm an unknown and honestly genuinely excited about this so I'm making my options for helping known. I don't expect many or any privileges here, but that won't stop me from trying to be involved. ; )

BTW that is an awesome map
    "The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step." ~ Lao Tzu

Another question - Assuming that the view will be top down, rather than ISO, what about the scale. Are we going to be able to just about pick out people on the streets, or are we going to get close enough to see more than that? Or further out maybe?

I expect the total size of the city will depend largely on scale and how many city builders are involved.

We also need to decide a list of major features, like stadia, temples... places of ill repute
    Last edited by Mouse; 01-04-2017 at 07:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheHoarseWhisperer View Post
    I'll be offline for about 2 weeks. I'll try to send a PM today, though.

THW
    Thanks THW

MUCH appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by DarkInfinity View Post
    No worries, I totally understand, need approval from the zoning committee, HUD, and a permit from the state. and all that good stuff.

I'm an unknown and honestly genuinely excited about this so I'm making my options for helping known. I don't expect many or any privileges here, but that won't stop me from trying to be involved. ; )

BTW that is an awesome map
    That's good

We will need plenty of enthusiasm and energy when the time comes to getting started. Keep your fingers crossed

I'm having an unexpected technical problem. My antivirus is failing to update, so I'm going to have to shut down all online windows and pour my broadband into getting it sorted out.

I'll be back to add any more names/answer any questions in about an hour.

EDIT: All done now
    Last edited by Mouse; 01-04-2017 at 08:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bogie View Post
    So my 2 cents.... If we are all going to do sections of one large city, then in addition to a general layout and how each section connects to the ones around it, there should be a general type of city predetermined. For example, is this a Large medieval city in a fantasy setting built by mixed races, or a High Elven enclave, or is it a current Earth world city like London, is it at it's peak or is it post-apocalyptic.
    It would look silly if we all did our thing and we ended up with a Dwarven Garrison sitting next to a Space launch facility
    We all live in a sort of Medieval Utopia where feudalism is really a trickle-down benefit and everyone laughs jovially in taverns while the buxom wench walks around with tankards of ale and making various innuendos on her endless circuit; the bard tells a tale of heroism or the tragedy between two lovers who find eternal love in the afterlife. Only with dishwashers and free WiFi.

Page 5 of 51 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast