Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: 13 - District 13 [Kacey]

Guild Expert

Thanks J. I think I'll go ahead with the hand drawn version, and if it doesn't turn out the way I see it in my mind then I can always revert back.

Quite beautiful

You do it the way you want it, Kacey - go for it

Guild Expert

Quote Originally Posted by DarkInfinity View Post
    I like it the way it is. It adds a nice little bit of flair to it. That is really awesome BTW.
    Hmm, maybe I'll see what people think once I have both versions up, and thank you btw, I appreciate the feedback.

Edit... And thanks to Mouse as well, you ninja'd me.

That's quite all right Kacey - you're very welcome

Guild Expert

I started laying in some shapes for the campus Library, I was originally planning on using nice clean vector lines for my buildings, but I decided I want them to be more organic. I like the idea of mixing natural shapes with industrial elements, and modern technologies portrayed in an older style. I want to add more around the corners of the border, and have faint rough sketches in the background of robotic machines, and cog wheels, or devices that resemble compasses, and astrolabes, but have a more sinister purpose, and reflect some of the technology that’s being developed in this part of the city, and maybe incorporate some natural elements, maybe some plants, or vines some how. I’d like to avoid the “steam punk” feeling, but I’m not sure it’s entirely possible...I hope that made sense.

Anyway, I hope to get started on painting the Library tonight. I’ve never done buildings before so wish me luck I’m sure I’ll need it.

And ignore all my typos, I see now that I even spelled coffee wrong Why doesn’t Photoshop have spell check...

### Latest WIP ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Guild City District 13 library test.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	7.43 MB 
ID:	91182

That's magnificent, Kacey

This is great kacey and I really love the background texture. I'd really love to use it sometime

When it comes to spelling and apostrophe use, would it offend you if I corrected you?

Guild Expert

Not at all Straf, I know I'm awful with spelling, and grammar... The texture is from coyotemax on deviant art, I mixed a few of them together to make this one, and haven't used anything else since.

And thanks Mouse.

Quote Originally Posted by kacey View Post
    I know I'm awful with spelling, and grammar...
    If that is actually true, then your cartography skills easily make up for it.
    Very nice Kacey! I don't know what it's going to look like in the end, but I actually kind of like the sketchy style you have now. Looking forward to seeing it progress.
    That border is beautiful! How did you make it?

I offer map commissions for RPG's, world-building, and books
    PORFOLIO | INSTAGRAM

This is really beautiful border and your sketching is really beautiful on this background, your done! Looking forward to your awesome work! keep it up your inspiring!!!

Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast