Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 81415161718

Thread: 13 - District 13 [Kacey]

Guild Expert

Navigation was hard for me at first too, zbrush had a very slow start for me. I couldn't control the model at all at first, but now it's easy, and that stupid edit button had me stuck for a good long while, I'm glad I could be of some help. I think the steep learning curve is why they do a 45 day trial instead of 30 and even that is not enough if you spend the first 30 days trying to figure out how to even get started.

I was just poking around looking at the map thumbs and saw your map. I really love the style of it. I hope you finish it someday but I understand getting strung out on too many projects and letting things sit.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Guild Expert

Thanks Jaxilon, I'm not sure I'll ever continue it in this style it's just way too time consuming so I may have to restart it in a different style just to get it done and over with. I really wish I had the patience for it because I do like how it's coming out but the truth is it's low on my priority list and if any one is interested in taking over this section of the city I'd gladly let it go...would be a relief actually, I kind of feel bad leaving a hole in the city. Maybe I'll just fill it with rubble and over grown trees and call it the city dump, might be easier.

Quote Originally Posted by kacey View Post
    Thanks Jaxilon, I'm not sure I'll ever continue it in this style it's just way too time consuming so I may have to restart it in a different style just to get it done and over with. I really wish I had the patience for it because I do like how it's coming out but the truth is it's low on my priority list and if any one is interested in taking over this section of the city I'd gladly let it go...would be a relief actually, I kind of feel bad leaving a hole in the city. Maybe I'll just fill it with rubble and over grown trees and call it the city dump, might be easier.
    That would be okay to do, ya know.
    I had thought we could have some destroyed parts of the city.
    I do not want you to feel so much distress about this section Kacey.
    This was just a thing for fun and community. And you were part of it.

I know I enjoyed the experience of your contribution while the whole guild city was starting.
    I know I gained ideas and insight from your section for some of what I did in Chiezbehrg.
    Your domes and their details were very inspiring. That was value for me.

I also have things that I doubt i will ever complete [Frog Lorde anyone? Or Moria underground]
    It's just how things are. We all probably have piles of never to be completed maps.

Quote Originally Posted by kacey View Post
    What John said

And I have a few things I just left by the wayside. Does anyone remember Urrowan Palace? Golthra and Iriana? Probably not. I no longer have the processor power to open either of those maps thanks to Win 10 and the processor security upgrades, but its been so long I'm not really all that worried about it.

Don't let it worry you so much. Certainly don't let it get you down like that.

As for starting again in a new style, I've done that at least twice so far on my second city district. Its not a disgrace or anything. Its just moving with the trend of your thoughts. That's all

There is a reason i tend to shy away from city maps. i can only draw so many squares before i'm out. ��
    As it is it's still inspiring.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Guild Expert

Mouse I definitely remember Golthra and Iriana and don't even get me started on Windows 10 I'm fighting with it right now since the last update. I'm having trouble with my keyboard again and my pen was only scrolling the canvas instead of drawing on it, luckily there was a fix for that one, and now my computer drains the battery when it's in sleep mode and for some reason the edge browser is using 95% of my cpu and over heating my computer. Hopefully things get sorted out so we can see those unfinished maps some day.

Firefox doesn't use as much juice

I'm banking on a memory upgrade. Hopefully soon I will be able to afford one

I am also assuming that MS will eventually get themselves sorted out. Else we will all be defecting to Linux. It's amazing how many Windows apps you can run perfectly well in Wine

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 81415161718