Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: 05 - Nantara'Ïendel District [Ilanthar]

Thanks guys!

@ThomasR : bonne nouvelle, je m'entraîne avec celle-là pour la carte de Saranie !
    @Kacey : thanks, it's time consuming but it helps me a lot work 3D first.
    @ - JO - : I will rework the shadows a bit, notably because I'm adding some little elements.
    @Mouse : please, go ahead ! It's not "my" technique anyway, I shamelessly stole it from brilliant guilders as Larb (and I think J.Edward is using it sometimes too) .

Damn it's long! A bit more...
    ### Latest WIP ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	NI ns.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	3.71 MB 
ID:	94671
    I also need your advices... I have absolutely no clue of how I could draw the roofs for the industrial buildings with a half curvy shape. Any idea?

Quote Originally Posted by Ilanthar View Post
    .......I also need your advices... I have absolutely no clue of how I could draw the roofs for the industrial buildings with a half curvy shape. Any idea?
    Thanks Ilanthar. Nice progress

I'm not sure I understand what you mean about how to draw the half round rooftops. Are you talking about the shading, the roof materials, or the architecture?

Your linework is already looking very good. I really really like the "cobbled" road and the planks - it's very well done.

As for drawing those roofs, you could try paralel lines, with darker/denser in the shadow side... dunno...

By Pixie
    As for drawing those roofs, you could try paralel lines, with darker/denser in the shadow side... dunno...
    Thanks, I'm gonna try that!

So, a small test with Pixie's suggestion. I think it works pretty well, so thanks for the advice!
    ### Latest WIP ###

Name:	NI ns.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	3.73 MB 
ID:	95034

That's looking superb already.

Do you find it difficult drawing from the shadows up? I mean, I can see what's there from the shadows, but I'm not entirely sure whether its just obvious to everyone, or part of my weird pattern recognition thing that gives me dragons and skulls in Thomas's works

Would it pop a bit more, do you think, if you intensified the shadows?

By Mouse
    Do you find it difficult drawing from the shadows up? I mean, I can see what's there from the shadows, but I'm not entirely sure whether its just obvious to everyone, or part of my weird pattern recognition thing that gives me dragons and skulls in Thomas's works

Would it pop a bit more, do you think, if you intensified the shadows?
    Thanks Mouse!
    It's time consuming, but not really difficult. I'm lacking practice and I don't always know how to add or represent things, but that's only because I'm not so used to it.
    I lowered the opacity of the shadows...
    Here it is with 100% opacity. Better?

Name:	NI fullshadows.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	1.08 MB 
ID:	95039

Oh yes! Everything is just popping out of the page all over the place... but I like darker shadows, so its only my opinion

You make it look so easy! LOL!

That's really promising and I'm glad to see that the bridge feet from your Fairy Lutece map are back.

Ok, I'm gonna try to resurrect this and to finish it before the end of 2018 !

I've just done a bit more for a (re)start... and decided to do everything in Krita but for labels (as I'm used to work now), so I'm also redoing colors and waters.

Name:	Nantara Iendel.jpeg 
Views:	50 
Size:	1.53 MB 
ID:	101896

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast