Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: 53 - The Hustleflow Ward [Voolf]

One more update today before i go to sleep.
    I made the River Police Academy. Jee... this took me a lot of time. I have no idea how people draw those beautiful buildings so fast, and even without straight lines. Tablet with display maybe ?

### Latest WIP ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Guild_City_draft.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	4.45 MB 
ID:	91206

Quote Originally Posted by Voolf View Post
    That's some nice idea Straf. It has sense to put watermill up. But in that case, we won't share it anymore as your section ends on the waterfall.
    I am not sure what do you mean by saying "vertical ox bow lake"
    When a river cuts a straight path, bypassing a meander, the 'bow' of water left behind is called an oxbow lake.

I was just thinking that the river police would like an impossible river nearby to train the cadets how to shout "NO!" at it.

Haha, no that would be cruel Straf.

Did the dorms. This is clearly based on J.E. WIP. I won't even hide it. I took all his advices to heart, also got his permission to use simillar rooftops. Nothing has been copied though!

I find this extra iluminating, learn new things, it is a great excercise. But on the other hand very very frustrating. It takes loads of time, redoing and thinking about the layout. Making it without straigh lines - impossible to me at this point.

### Latest WIP ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Guild_City_draft.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	4.07 MB 
ID:	91249

Guild Expert

This looks great so far Voolf, how did you get those nice clean lines?

I used a line tool in Krita. You just drag from one point to another and it creates a straight line for you. Ps and Gimp has same tool.
    I also use tablet with pen pressure, this allows me to get thicker and thiner lines depending on how hard i push and drag the line.

Very nice! How do you make the building shapes so perfect? Whenever I do it they end up all skewed.

I offer map commissions for RPG's, world-building, and books
    PORFOLIO | INSTAGRAM

I agree, it's moving along well Voolf
    I like the GPS store

Quote Originally Posted by Josiah VE View Post
    Very nice! How do you make the building shapes so perfect? Whenever I do it they end up all skewed.
    I am using assistant tool in Krita which allows me to place thin lines. After i place first building general shape, i use the assistant lines (place parallel, perpendicularly or any other way that i want to have) to draw adjacent walls at high precision. They are not perfect though, some are skewed - i dont measure the angles - but not as much humas eye can catch it right away.
    This is really slow process though. I find it best solution using simple tablet. I guess with display tablet you can draw pretty nice shapes just with hand.

Quote Originally Posted by J.Edward
    I agree, it's moving along well Voolf
    I like the GPS store
    Thanks to your advices, so thank you.

My goodness! For someone who claims to have no idea you certainly have quite a few great things stored up in you.

Those buildings are beautiful, Voolf

Thanks Mouse, well i did not have any idea, but day after day i collect some thoughts and move forward slowly. Right now i am stuck again and have to think what other buildings should be :/

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast