Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 16 - Archives Ward and its cold burrows [thomrey]

Thanks ladies !

A little background update. Bogie the mnemomancer didn't choose the placement for his tavern by chance. The hills at the rim of the district overlooking the city are made of limestone which allows for cold troglodyte rooms that shelter the City Archives. The cold temperatures allow for a better conservation of the magical wonders the cartographs of the city produce every year. Heavily guarded by the water and ice elementals that reside at the bottom of the well (on the marketplace and giving birth to the stream that flows towards THW district - 32) it's the main reason the place is the rendez-vous of every spy, diplomat and person looking for intel in the city, making the mnemomancer, not only a powerful figure but a wealthy one. Hence the King of the ribalds ... tbc

Sorry but what is an mnemomancer?

By the way, have you heard of the omnomnomancer living under the theater?

A mnemomancer is a magician that works with memory. My Bogie is one, he's also the guardian of the archives.

Haven't heard about the omnomnomancer. Is he eating magical cookies ?

thomrey - hey neighbour

I've more or less already picked up area 15 as my second area, because I've suddenly discovered a taste for doing craggy places, and there's a nice big nearly-cliff running right down through it. I hadn't noticed that the boundary between yours and mine was actually a wall till I took a closer more serious look at the area just now. I'm here for the crags - are you interested in doing the whole wall? I've got a whole wall of my own to the west when John mends the missing triangle into area 15, and it might be easier if you have the wall we currently share, so its not such a pain to match up

Fine by me, wall it is ! Welcome in the neighborhood Do not worry if you hear weird noises at night and do not hesitate to come visit, we're trading people. But you'll see that later, when I'll have time to draw it (ideas are coming though).

Thanks for the invitation

Oh you know me - I can't decide whether I'm more curious or nosey. Certainly sounds like the night life might be quite entertaining over in your patch!

I'd be delighted to hear your ideas - maybe echo supporting themes in my own area. eg you have archers, maybe I have a couple of managed yew tree coppices and a couple of fletchers around the place. I'm going to need archers of my own to man my bit of the wall as well.

Thomrey

How are you dealing with the slopes/cliffs in your piece of the city?

I'm thinking of creating mine as stepped cliffs with huge standing pillars of rock splitting off from them.

This might not tie in very well with what you have got planned, so I thought I should ask before I really get stuck in to district 15

I planned on using troglodyte houses as a model. Maybe give it a little anasazis vibe. But do it as you want, I'll adapt. I far behind so, first chooses

That suits limestone cliffs that are just riddled with caves just fine! Thanks

Dunno if I already wrote it here but I plan to use the mound as a cold storage facility for the archives.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast