Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 16 - Archives Ward and its cold burrows [thomrey]

I think mine will just be caves - maybe hiding some sort of arsenal where they aren't too close to your archives for comfort. My area is going to bear the obvious redeveloped scars of many battles with the orcs to the west

Which reminds me...

How thick do you think the city wall should be. I've seen in other threads that it should be about 20 feet wide? I'm happy with that, but I will be making quite an impressive development around the gate I need to put in my section of the wall for access between The Ward of Erahum, and the Borough of Lurking on the outside of the wall. I'm also going to bridge many of the gorges between my cliffs with bridges and viaducts, and may even have a couple of cable car systems or primitive incline trams.

Ambitious project 20 feet seems good, the sentry walk will be huge !

Well I do need somewhere to put my ballistae!

Hi Thomrey.

I was just wondering, what kinda things do you want to put on that shared border of ours? I'm thinking of having fairly dense buildings right up to the edge, but I can leave a gap between our districts if you want. I imagine some of your residents won't want to be too close to the poor patients in the Jangles...

THW

Formerly TheHoarseWhisperer

Ballistae of course!

Er... no... sorry... got those things on the brain now!

How about trees, grass, rocks - anything that will blend together in the joining really

I'll answer on your thread THW

Hey Thomrey

Here is an extract of our shared border region showing three proposed small ridges I want to put in to emphasise the slope. I'm not the one building the wall, however, so I'd like to know if this is ok to join up with the way you envisage doing your valley walls. I am working with the assumption that where you said you were going to have lots of caves you would also be drawing cliffs like I have done, but at the same time I wanted to make the cliff more terraced so that it would be easier to draw the wall on it.

Let me know what you think?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Errahum 16 (extract).PNG 
Views:	49 
Size:	4.56 MB 
ID:	92747

Do not worry about me, do things your way, I'll adapt. I'm far behind and it would be bad from me to refrain your creativity. BTW, lovely limestone cliff. I was born in a part of France called Quercy (from quercus, oak in latin), a place of limestone and your depiction is top notch !

Thanks Thomrey

I'll terrace that part of the slope to add a bit of variation to the landform.

It was the south of France that inspired me, though I suspect the colours I've used are more related to the colours of the local limestone where I've lived most of my life - only a few miles away from Portland (UK)

Having just read Jo's thread I figure your going to need space to throw shadows around with the wall. If you draw them I will add them to my side of the wall for you so it doesn't look daft - even if I've long ago finished it by the time you've done the wall

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast