Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: 21 - Monastery of Realisminites and its vicinities [Pixie]

Administrator Facebook Connected Robbie's Avatar
    Blog Entries

looking good neighbor! I forgot to factor in elevations...might need to spend some time on that.
    All Hail FlappyMap! Long Live MapFeed!

Robbie Powell - Site Admin

Oh I missed the update! Sorry - had my head stuck in a hole again [rolls eyes at self]

Looking really great

There seem to be gaps between you and Robbie on the border. Maybe you need to go just a bit beyond the border with your colour just to fill that bit in? Don't know. What do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    Oh I missed the update!
    And I missed posting one of the maps I had made, I wrote about it but didn't attach it! Once I get to my computer I'll get that done...

Robbie, concerning elevations, I tried to keep it simple: gently downhill from NE to SW, except close to the city wall, where the wall is set on raised land, and close to the underwater river, where I had "invented" a recent ground collapse.

New reply to make this "note-taking-map" noticed, as I had forgotten to attach it to the relevant post...

Here's what I wrote about it:
    "This is a scheme of the main west->east routes. My section encompasses all roads from East Lake to/from the Walled City (feel free to disagree with these designations), so I thought this could look interesting... Like someone else usually says, Comment and Critique are welcome."

Here's what should have been posted alongside:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Section 21 _notes.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	488.0 KB 
ID:	91784

It all looks very complicated, but well sorted out to me

Oh, no, not complicated at all - 3 exits from the walled city facing east and there are 4 destinations you can go to, if traveling eastward out of the walls. So, I just imagined what route people would normaly take as they cross section 21.

Anyway, it's the kind of things that capture my attention but hardly anyone else's. On to more important stuff, updates! I've been very short on time, I wished I had plenty more by now...

### Latest WIP ###

Name:	Section 21 _wip_03.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	4.60 MB 
ID:	91803

Significant changes/evolutions:
    - orangey tiled roofs is the trend at Guild City and I'm all in. I'm also experimenting with a texture from Mouse, only visible (if barely) on the roofs of the churches in the center.
    - following the discussions on suitable architecture and current trends, I changed some houses from the original sketch, to include flat roofs and not just tiled. This kind of roofs are very handy in warm and semi-arid climates, to dry stuff using the sun (for example, grain, chickpeas, etc)
    Last edited by Pixie; 01-25-2017 at 06:35 PM.

Oh yes - I see why you have a collapsed area around the ruins - into the tiny section of exposed river. Very logical

Nice lot of progress on this anyway - even if you didn't have the time you wanted

Poor ChickPea, stuck out on the roof to dessicate

After careful consideration, the dissecation of Chickpeas has become a faux-pas, discussing dried Chichpeas is forbidden and thinking of Chickpea as food is blaphemy.

On to the next stage of the WIP.. Not much time available, but at this point the draft is complete. And I also added a feature in a significant number of houses that would make total sense in this land: rainwater collectors/reservois. These reservoirs are presently painted only to spot them easily. And following this, I added another element for the architecture of houses in GuildCity - houses with backgarden will normally feature a reservoir, but also a "sort of aqueduct" from the roof ending to the reservoir.

### Latest WIP ###Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Section 21 _wip_04.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	2.49 MB 
ID:	92076

Slow pace, but the "orange wave" is spreading out... and so is the work on shadows.

### Latest WIP ###

Name:	Section 21 _wip_05.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	2.46 MB 
ID:	92232

Any comments?

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast