Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Voolf's miscellaneous art

Trying to develop some new trees for B&W map. I am planing to put this one on my webpage too, and its more of experimenting map, so i decided to place it here. No need for a new thread for that.

So anyway what do you think about that pines, i am wondering if it is not too dense ?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	B&W_map.jpeg 
Views:	186 
Size:	307.4 KB 
ID:	92428
    Last edited by Voolf; 02-09-2017 at 04:16 AM.

Did some small changes and added more trees and land features. To be honest, i dont like it . Something is amiss. It feels like separately, those are nice looking threes, hills, mountains etc, but they are not going well together.

Name:	B&W_map.jpeg 
Views:	97 
Size:	382.4 KB 
ID:	92474

To me its about the scale. The trees and grasses are huge compared to the mountains and hills. It's always a trade off since you really cann't make it accurate to reality (you don't have too either) you just want to represent the elements accurately. Reduce trees by 50% to see it that works, I got a feeling it might be more like 25% to get close and then it's the detail needed for the trees - look at Max's stuff you has a really nice balance.

I was thinking that may be the problem. I havent resize the trees yet to check it out. The thing is i was trying to make more of regional map with bigger trees. Should i go for bigger mountains then ?

I'd go with smaller trees and more difference in the height of mountains plus hills. Here's an element of reflexion that I was reading yesterday.

Thanks, i will play around with the trees then. I thought mountains are big enough but it appears they are not.

Used some spare time to made this. Maybe i will use it for some future maps. Colours are not well done, its more like half finished work .

Name:	Ye old GPS_BW_resize.jpeg 
Views:	57 
Size:	75.1 KB 
ID:	93860

Name:	Ye old GPS_Colour.jpeg 
Views:	72 
Size:	142.0 KB 
ID:	93861

Made based on some some old cool looking compass. Thought will share

Guild Member handsome_unlimited's Avatar

Awesome stuff, Voolf. Love the compass.

The subtle shading for the compass works well but it's a bit too clean to my taste.

Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast