Page 4 of 39 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: 15 - [Inner] The Ward of Erahum [Mouse]

Quote Originally Posted by johnvanvliet View Post
    a quick one ( in-between posts ) done up in gimp 2.9.4 and eroded in wilbur then used the bumpmap gimp filter to relight the heightmap

used the Gmic "distance transform" and "plasma noise"

and the bump map relighting at sun azimuth of 30 deg and -45 deg west

not cc3 so...
    Thank you for doing all that. The result is quite spectacular, though a little too much eroded for the mesa I was trying to draw.

I can confirm that what you have done is quite a bit beyond CC3+ on its own

Its also way beyond me as far as the Wilbur and GIMP operations go! I'm still at a 2 yr old baby stage of understanding in both those departments. I've only just figured out how to do inking and overlay shading/colouring in GIMP, and that's all I can do! LOL!

I just don't have the learning capacity that I used to have when I was younger. I once had a genuine photographic memory and clear eyes (floater free), but I lost all that in my early 20s after a piece of 8x5 1 inch block board fell on my head from a first floor window (a freak accident), and now all I can do is learn by watching vids (the floaters get in the way if I read fast enough not to get bored and distracted). So I watch vids to let the floaters rest out of the way, and I put the new learning into practice straight away so that it 'sticks'. I just haven't stuck enough things in my head yet to get to the kind of level that you are talking at in one clean jump

Just to clarify, a first floor window is a second floor window in the USA That's because we call our first floor the ground floor and count upwards from there.

I can't get Wilbur to run. I'll have to try it again when I get a minute but the only doze machine in the house is a laptop.

Thanks for pointing that out, Straf

If you are stuck with Wilbur I think there are lots of tuts over in the tut forum. I've a set of pdf instruction booklets that I downloaded from one of Waldronate's threads

I can't get it to run. It's missing files and that. I did go and get Visual Studio but not sure if I grabbed the correct one.

Sorry! I don't know how to help you with that, Straf

Quote Originally Posted by Straf View Post
    I can't get it to run. It's missing files and that. I did go and get Visual Studio but not sure if I grabbed the correct one.
    Assuming the current (1.86) version, you might need https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/down....aspx?id=53587 (VS2015 Update 3) for the redistributable. I should probably fix the link on the Wilbur page.

Wilbur has been reported to work under Wine and Crossover if those names mean anything to you.

Thanks waldronate, I'll give that a try. I haven't tried it under Wine because I anticipated drama with the VS libraries.

Blog Entries

the 32 bit wilbur runs in the development wine branch just fine on opensuse

you will likely need the vs 2015 red 32 bit
    --- 90 seconds to Midnight ---
    --------

--- Penguin power!!! ---

I don't want to hijack Mouse's WIP thread for this any more than I already have so I'll play with the ideas and I'll start a thread elsewhere to feed back on how I get on. Thanks chaps

Hey that's ok

You're one of my friends

Page 4 of 39 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast