Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Section 23 - The District of Yet Unnamed [Josiah]

Wip The District of Yet Unnamed [Josiah]

Well, I may as well get the thread started, to spur me on in a monumentous (tiny) effort, to get started. We shall begin...... (soon)

I offer map commissions for RPG's, world-building, and books
    PORFOLIO | INSTAGRAM

Hi Josiah

I'll link you up to the Index.

Ok! Fiiinaallly got a bit of work on this. I've started out with a rough sketch, nothing is set in stone yet, but this will probably be the general design. I'm going to try and link in the city with my Guild world territory. Because of the many different nations and disputes in the Territories of Ami-Kotrai, I want to have several different embassies from the various nations. Here they may be trying to work out peace with eachother or something, or just disputing some more. I'll see how it ends up.
    And of course I'll throw a cheese market in there for good measure, and maybe some of those radical anti-cheese monks. It should make for a diverse city, full of discord and tumult.

Anyway, here's the sketch, let me know what you think.

### Latest WIP ###

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Guild city - 23.jpg 
Views:	104 
Size:	731.2 KB 
ID:	93037
    Last edited by Redrobes; 03-04-2017 at 03:36 PM. Reason: Added WIP tag.

PORFOLIO | INSTAGRAM

Wow! Bang, and suddenly it was there

Sounds like a very lively and fragrant place to live. You could have a fish market too? Don't know why I didn't put one in Atlas Ward, but I don't have any waterside in district 15, so I'll have to let that idea go now

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    Wow! Bang, and suddenly it was there

Sounds like a very lively and fragrant place to live. You could have a fish market too? Don't know why I didn't put one in Atlas Ward, but I don't have any waterside in district 15, so I'll have to let that idea go now
    Yup! There it is!
    I don't think my place in the guild world was very sea-oriented, and that would be a very long way to bring fish.

PORFOLIO | INSTAGRAM

LOL! I was teasing

You have about the smallest stretch of water edge that any district has, considering you are officially 'lakeside'.

I was also thinking of freshwater fish - of which I hope there are many, despite everyone's best attempt to pollute the waters!

Looks like an interesting sketch and layout .

Blog Entries

I misses this one too. I have added a WIP tag so it shows up on the thumbs page. But I think mainly that we havent named the thread so that it looks like a GuildCity Sector thread. Do you have an idea what name you want to give to your sector now that you have a sketch ?

Glad to see it has begun
    I was glad to see the underground black market, as I had one going as well.
    Maybe after the upper city is done, we can try to do a bit of the underground where it connects.

Alright everyone. Sorry for the massive delay. I've been busy with commission work and whatever else.

A while ago I drew that inner wall thingy with the embassy. Today I took another stab at it and drew some more of the buildings. So, let me know what you think!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Guild city - 23.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	320.8 KB 
ID:	95202

And a wildly long delay to responding to these kind comments:

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    LOL! I was teasing

You have about the smallest stretch of water edge that any district has, considering you are officially 'lakeside'.

I was also thinking of freshwater fish - of which I hope there are many, despite everyone's best attempt to pollute the waters!
    Yes, I suppose I might have the smallest coastline against the ocean.
    If I recall correctly my country has only a small lake in it... That's often something I forget on my maps, adding decently large lakes... Maybe the farmers grow fish from the ground... Hmm.. That's an interesting idea actually. With the assistance of magic, growing fishies in gardens. Heheh. Anyways...

Quote Originally Posted by Ilanthar View Post
    Looks like an interesting sketch and layout .
    Thanks Ilanthar!

Quote Originally Posted by Redrobes View Post
    I misses this one too. I have added a WIP tag so it shows up on the thumbs page. But I think mainly that we havent named the thread so that it looks like a GuildCity Sector thread. Do you have an idea what name you want to give to your sector now that you have a sketch ?
    Yeah, thanks for that Redrobes. I always seem to forget the WIP tag.
    Unfortunately I don't have a name yet.

Quote Originally Posted by J.Edward View Post
    Glad to see it has begun
    I was glad to see the underground black market, as I had one going as well.
    Maybe after the upper city is done, we can try to do a bit of the underground where it connects.
    Thanks John!
    Yeah, we should connect them, and plan a massive diabolical plan with bandits and baddies underneath the city to DESTROY THE WHOLE THING! Or we could just connect them. Either way is good.

PORFOLIO | INSTAGRAM

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast