Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Info thread - for discussion & questions

Wow! I stepped in here the other day and there were a handful of bookmarks. I opened the sub just now and there's like half a billion and counting

Quote Originally Posted by Straf View Post
    Wow! I stepped in here the other day and there were a handful of bookmarks. I opened the sub just now and there's like half a billion and counting
    They are contagious! Like the flu, but without all that puking stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Bogie View Post
    They are contagious! Like the flu, but without all that puking stuff.
    What a charming analogy!
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

An elegant wordsmith to the end is wor Bogie

Perhaps this sub-forum should be called 'Tribbles' the way they multiply
    Last edited by Straf; 04-23-2017 at 05:50 PM. Reason: Tribble Trouble

Question

Quote Originally Posted by ChickPea View Post
    Welcome
    This area of the forum is dedicated to our newest fun project: make a bookmark. That's pretty much it. You can create a bookmark in any style or genre that you want, so long as it's somewhat map-related and approximately bookmark-shaped.

If you're stuck for ideas, make a bookmark celebrating the Guild. Print 'em out and leave them somewhere they might be appreciated.

How does it work?
    Start a thread and either post some WIP pics if the bookmarks are part of a larger series or, if you aren't spending too long on it, just post the finished work. It's entirely up to you. Redrobes has very kindly set up a thumbnail scraper, and it'll work the same as the challenge threads, so use the Latest WIP tag to get your work in the Thumbnails gallery (remember, there's a button on the toolbar in the comments box that'll insert the tag for you).

Size/Quantity
    You're not limited to making one bookmark. You can make as many as like. Maybe we can do themes now and then if people are interested. Remember the thumbnail scraper will only pick up the last image tagged in a thread, so if you want multiples in the gallery, you'd either need to combine them into one image or start a new thread for each.

Our suggested size is 7 inches x 2 inches, but that isn't set in stone. If you want to make a bigger or smaller than normal bookmark, go right ahead.

How to upload
    I'm hoping that some new site members will join in this project, and if you're unsure how to upload images, there are instructions here.

Got questions?
    Ask away in this thread.

And finally...
    A big thank you to Sironae who was the inspiration for the whole thing, via this thread.

Sounds super fun, I don't know how to do it, but I'm going to learn

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123