Thread: A very short questionnaire

Question A very short questionnaire

Hi there,
    as you can see from my username I don't plan on staying long, but I wanted to ask a quick favour of some people.

I'm currently doing my computer science coursework in school, and the program that I made essentially creates a tile-based dungeon map using procedural generation. My project is only an investigation but were I to produce an end product, it would be targeted at tabletop roleplayers and the like (e.g. being able to print off the generated maps)

However, I myself am not a tabletop gamer (I actually got my project idea from video games such as Diablo and Persona which use procedurally generated dungeons).

For my project, I need some feedback from my target audience (tabletop gamers) on what they would want in such a program.

My program is simply some schoolwork and is more of an investigation into procedural generation than anything else, so it is not intended to be a seriously used tool, however it would be nice to know what general features people would want in such a system.

I created a very short Google form (shouldn't take more than 2 minutes) consisting of a few questions about how you use maps in gaming, what features you want from maps, and what criteria (i.e. speed, reliability) would you want from the program.

I would very much appreciate it if some of you could fill out this questionnaire for me! There wasn't anyone at my school that I could ask so I've had to go digital.

Here is the Google form: https://goo.gl/forms/FKM8xIg0IKSPieK42

Thank-you very much!

That's very enterprising of you

I have never played RPGs, so I can't really help you, but I am sure that there are plenty of others here who will.

Good luck with your project. I hope it goes well

Thanks for the encouragement Mouse

This post has had about 147 views but no responses yet, haha

No worries though, the rest of my work is going okay... hopefully

Thanks again to anyone who can fill out this form