Thread: How to make Minecraft biome map from a map?

Default How to make Minecraft biome map from a map?

Hi!
    I'd like to use Open Terrain Generator mod for Minecraft, and there's a way to import a biome map.
    I used Planet Map Generator (actually the offline version for bigger map) to create a land. In OTG I can change the color of the biomes, so it doesn't matter how do they look like. My problem is that I tried to place gradient layers for climate zones with GIMP, but I need less colors in the end.
    I think I'll use contour lines and make layers by height and then I make them puzzles so I could color them manually. But I'm not sure how would it work.
    Do you have any experience in this?

Thank you, and sorry for my English.

There's a way to control the world creation process by using "seeds" on the map. Whether you use the in-game tool to specify what your seed will be or let the game choose the seed for you, each map has an initial code. Minecraft worlds are generated using pseudo-random seeds, and you could, if you had the time and desire, create worlds all day long while living without encountering the same world twice. I haven't encountered much of that, as I sit on the other game modes I take from this site https://servers-minecraft.net. Try searching there for the right servers for you.