Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 57 - Hustleflow Port [Voolf]

Squares and triangles all over the place !

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Section57_v1.5.jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	1.97 MB 
ID:	98781
    New Horizons
    Fantasy maps and illustrations.

All my non-commisioned maps are FREE for personal use. Get them at my home page New Horizons
    Get more of my maps by becoming my Patreon.

Support:
    Patreon | Tip via PayPal.Me | Buy Me a Coffee

Guild Master Facebook Connected - JO -'s Avatar

The fineness and precision of your stroke are admirable! The result will be magnificent!

I think we might have a problem with everyone else in the city wanting to live there, Voolf. Its magnificent. I love the vast building on the waterfront. Is it a boatbuilding house?

Quote Originally Posted by - JO - View Post
    The fineness and precision of your stroke are admirable! The result will be magnificent!
    Thanks JO !

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    I think we might have a problem with everyone else in the city wanting to live there, Voolf. Its magnificent. I love the vast building on the waterfront. Is it a boatbuilding house?
    I will gladly move to someone elses district to free one spot. J.E. made me and swordsman and acountant with the office in his ward, so this double occupation will force me to move a lot after all .

The big building is not for building boats, but shipyard is awesome idea, why haven't i thought about that ealier? Unfortunately there is a cliff/slope and building ship there would not be a viable, because it's rather hard to transport finish boat to the sea from a steep cliff. :/ You can see the cliff on previous maps. Hmm i will think about this, shipyard is neat idea. Originally the building is a big warehouse to temporary store goods from and to ships. They will be transported by 2 cranes on both sides of the warehouse. (also visible on previous rough sketches).
    Last edited by Voolf; 08-24-2017 at 04:59 AM.
    New Horizons

All my non-commisioned maps are FREE for personal use. Get them at my home page New Horizons

Support:

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Meshon's Avatar

I really like the way you've made some of your rows curve without really having curved lines in the buildings. I can't really explain why I like that, maybe curves are more organic. It's looking really good!

Quote Originally Posted by Meshon View Post
    I really like the way you've made some of your rows curve without really having curved lines in the buildings. I can't really explain why I like that, maybe curves are more organic. It's looking really good!
    Thanks Meshon, I understand your point of view with the curve. yet somehow i like seeing gentle curves on some buildings.

Here is the right side of the district. I finished all roofs. I am working on the leftover ruins from previous generation now . You can see the destroyed wall, there will be couple of buildings ruins also. After that I will probably work on the cliff near river and port itself, leaving vegetation last.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Section57_v1.6.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	1.39 MB 
ID:	98834
    New Horizons

Support:

Your drawing is as always superb!

I'm starting to feel an itch to get a move on with my own second district

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    I'm starting to feel an itch to get a move on with my own second district
    Haven't you done like 3 already ?
    New Horizons

Support:

Not yet. I did District 3 (Atlas Ward), and then I started District 15, which is a huge district about 4 times the area of district 3. I split it into two maps (Erahum Ward and the Borough of Lurkin, inside and outside the city wall respectively) because my little laptop couldn't cope with the sheer size of working on it all at the same time on one large map at a sufficient resolution.

I got a bit lost trying out different styles and mapping apps, then got distracted by a string of challenges I really didn't want to miss.

I think that when I finish my current challenge map I'll probably return to finish at least one half of district 15. I'm hoping that all the things I've learned by doing Scribble Rock and the Hanging Gardens of Magrael, will greatly improve the finished appearance of district 15.

The wooden building remind of a public execution place. Now I see that the steps would be too big and far away for humans.

And the ruins look really great.
    Don't know why destroyed things always look great.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast