Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Gold Caverns [Mouse dungeon 01]

Default Gold Caverns [Mouse dungeon 01]

Gold Caverns have been here since the mountain first formed, but were undiscovered until gold prospectors broke into them by accident a few hundred years ago. There never was any natural gold in the mountain, or so tis said, yet the caverns seem to glow with a golden light of their own, which may be caused by bacterial growth on the cavern walls

There are secrets hidden here that no one fully understands, and a very deep (some say bottomless) pit right at the heart of the system, from which faint sounds are known to echo from time to time...

No grid yet, and this is 150% final size because I always work larger than final map size. Its also only a draft, as I feel my way around how to draw a dungeon!

Please let me know if I've got the cavern walls too close to the edge, or put the exits in a weird place? Thanks

### Latest WIP ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Dungeon 01.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	3.05 MB 
ID:	101260

Blog Entries

Its going to be tough to line these up because they go so close to the edge and they are so square. Were going to end up with square blobs with filler tunnels going between them. Well I guess we will have to place these and then have to work on some shims later.

Quote Originally Posted by Redrobes View Post
    Its going to be tough to line these up because they go so close to the edge and they are so square. Were going to end up with square blobs with filler tunnels going between them. Well I guess we will have to place these and then have to work on some shims later.
    I may make some additional connector parts just for mine. Maybe Mouse can do the same.
    If/when we actually have more people in this, I will make some other bits.

It's ok, Red. Like I said - that was a draft - an impression. I can change all of that in a second... when KRITA stops freezing!

Odd shapes, and longer exit tunnels.

Got it

EDIT: ninjad by John...

I'm going to change mine quite a lot - make it more irregular and bring it in from the edge. That may mean there's a corner or two where there's nothing there, but I can see what Red means
    Last edited by Mouse; 11-15-2017 at 07:08 PM.

Sorry to be a nuisance, but please can someone change the title of my thread to read:

"Gold Caverns [Mouse dungeon 01]"

Thank you

Thank you (for changing my thread title)

Here's an outline. Its in reverse - the cavern is black at the moment. I'm still feeling my way around in the dark!

### Latest WIP ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Dungeon 01.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	2.74 MB 
ID:	101262

The connecting corridors now look a bit odd, but I suppose they're going to, because they are the only manmade thing in the caverns

@Red - are the cavern walls far enough from the edge this time? The corridors are all straight and clear for the last 10 feet
    Last edited by Mouse; 11-15-2017 at 09:07 PM.

That's a great texture Sue.

That's a very realistic looking cavern shape. Look forward to seeing you flesh it out.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Quote Originally Posted by Bogie View Post
    That's a great texture Sue.
    Thanks Bogie

Its this one, if you are interested in having it.

For the cavern I desaturated it until it was practically grey, and overlaid a layer of black in 'Grain Merge' mode, in Krita, at about 20% opacity (Krita does it very differently to GIMP - much more... saturating!)

I'm still in two minds as to whether the detail in that texture is going to be hard to live with, and may tone it down just a bit when I start drawing! LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by arsheesh View Post
    That's a very realistic looking cavern shape. Look forward to seeing you flesh it out.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh
    Thanks, Arsheesh

Bogie's already started. Are you going to have a go at a dungeon/cavern?

I llike that shape very much Sue, great start (:

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast