Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Unnamed [Voolf's Dungeon 1]

Default Unnamed [Voolf's Dungeon 1]

So this is first concept i made. its not finished yet. Before i will go on with it i want to know if it is ok to make a multilevel map. I mean would it be a problem to connect it later to others? This is probably a question to John and/or Red? I would make the side corridors (those which go to edge of the canvas) all on level 1 but there would be several levels in the middle of my dungeon. Is that ok?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Guild Dungeon_concept_resize.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	375.1 KB 
ID:	101415

Btw. The grey colour represend the hollow deep pit
    New Horizons
    Fantasy maps and illustrations.

All my non-commisioned maps are FREE for personal use. Get them at my home page New Horizons
    Get more of my maps by becoming my Patreon.

Support:
    Patreon | Tip via PayPal.Me | Buy Me a Coffee

Guild Member

That looks awesome. Even if it ends up not being multi-level, every big dungeon could use a giant, deep pit. Who knows what's down there.

Guild Expert Guild Supporter Greg's Avatar

Really nice layout, Voolf!

I'm not sure about the multi-level thing. People talked about doing various levels, but I don't know how they'd be displayed in the overall thing. Still would be awesome to hear what ideas you have up your sleeve!

Blog Entries

You can map multi-level stuff and I can link to the levels on the zoomy map but I cant show it on the zoomy map directly.

Your concept piece looks good and looks like an interesting place to have for the party to come across.

Wow - that's looks really interesting

I've built in an exit to a lower level in my Rainbow Lights dungeon. I might use it, I might not - depends how it goes

Quote Originally Posted by Redrobes View Post
    You can map multi-level stuff and I can link to the levels on the zoomy map but I cant show it on the zoomy map directly.
    Not sure if i understand it correctly. You mean you can paste link to the thread with the map, but not place the actual map along the others in the big zoomy picture ?

Glad you all find this one interesting, i will try to develop it in this way more.

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse
    I've built in an exit to a lower level in my Rainbow Lights dungeon. I might use it, I might not - depends how it goes
    I am afraid i don't follow
    New Horizons

All my non-commisioned maps are FREE for personal use. Get them at my home page New Horizons

Support:

Blog Entries

Yes. If the level map sits above or below the one on the zoomy map then I cant put it into the zoomy map in the right place on top. But I can link to the level above using an icon. I might make some icons to use like an Up and Down icon so you can click on them.

Quote Originally Posted by Redrobes View Post
    Yes. If the level map sits above or below the one on the zoomy map then I cant put it into the zoomy map in the right place on top. But I can link to the level above using an icon. I might make some icons to use like an Up and Down icon so you can click on them.
    Ok, i think there has been a little misunderstanding on both sides
    I don't intend to actually map "below and above" as separate maps. I will just make one map with stairs that will go up and down making it not one but several floors. All will be shown in one map though, so there should not be any problem connecting it to some other mapper's dungeon and there is no need showing what's below and above of main zoomy map
    New Horizons

Support:

Not to overcomplicate things i think i will go with this layout of dungeon. I hope Red will be able to stick it somewhere on the map

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Guild Dungeon_concept_2.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	510.0 KB 
ID:	101464
    New Horizons

Support:

Oh.. this is pretty cool. Love the broken bridge. Reminds me of a Skyrim dungeon for some reason.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast