Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Warcraft / Harry Potter style world map for wedding

Map Warcraft / Harry Potter style world map for wedding

Introduction/background:

I am new to this board and found it after a long search of possibilities to combine two maps in a way it looks at least a bit useful. Unfortunately, my artistic talent is… well let’s say, if the scale could be negative I would be on top of that 😉.

The thing is … my fiancée and me are getting married in February next year. As we want to incorporate a more personal touch to the festivity (as everybody does I guess) we decided to make it slightly fantasy themed with focus on the favorite fantasy universes of the both of us (Me: Warcraft; My definitely better half: Harry Potter). So, the guests will either dine in the halls of one of the great cities of the Horde or in the Great Hall in Hogwarts Castle. This leads me to …

… Project Scope:

The tables are divided into the four houses of Hogwarts as well as the four major cities of the Horde. For this, I need a map to guide the people to their places and maybe as part of the guestbook (the map would be printed on canvas where people can sign it).

Description of the Map:

I need a map that shows the main continents of WoW (Kalimdor & Eastern Kingdoms; Reference: here) with a small depiction of the four major cities of the Horde on the world map.
    Thunder Bluff in Mulgore: here
    Orgrimmar in Durotar: here
    Undercity in Tirisfal Glades: here
    Silvermoon in the Eversong Woods: here

In the middle of the map is the Maelstrom. This is where the Hogwarts part should come in. The whirl in the middle should depict a portal to another world showing an isometric view of Hogwarts Castle kinda like this.

However, the things I mentioned above and linked don’t need to be necessarily in the exact same style. Whoever wants to do this has all the artistic freedom he/she needs to do this.

Style:

The map should still be in a medieval/fantasy world map style…if that makes any sense 😊.
    Coloration: the base of the map can be like the original Warcraft map I’ve linked above (light brown-ish). A little color for the small depictions of the Horde capitals would be nice but is not essential. More important is the part in the middle. As mentioned there should be some kind of portal showing Hogwarts castle. In my mind it should be evident that this is a portal to another world while still maintaining the same overall style of the map.

Technical:

Final print size: 4 x 3 (80cm (width) x 60 cm (height)).
    Resolution: I actually have no idea what the ideal solution should be. I guess 300 dpi should be enough.
    Format: JPEG, TIFF or PNG.
    File transfer: I will create a folder in my dropbox on which the file can be saved

Copyright:

First of all. I’m not very savvy on copyright law. These are two big franchises and if this kind of request infringes copyright in any way I will withdraw this request.
    Copyright remains with the artist. The map will be printed one or two times on the above mentioned final print size to act as a seat plan for the wedding and maybe as a guest book. It will neither be published by me nor will I use it for commercial gain.

Payment (via PayPal):
    My experience with art commissions is near zero. I’ll throw 150€ in there for this project. However, this is definitely negotiable especially if I’m completely off with my offer 😉.

Deadline:
    As our wedding is on 24.02.2018 the deadline for this project would be mid to end January 2018 as we still have to let it print out.

Primarily via this thread and via mail when the project starts.

Let me apologize in advance if anything is not that well written out in this request. English is not my first language and though I am not that bad in general I kinda have problems to really write down my exact thoughts when it comes to art stuff . But I assure you no other words where harmed during this request.

I … or better we would really appreciate if someone could take on this project. To make a slightly fantasy themed wedding without going overboard is not easy. This should be something we can put on our wall afterwards with all the signatures of the guests that were present. Something that would take us back to this very special day of ours and gives everybody a glimpse of what we love besides each other.

Thanks for reading.

Regards,
    Tarium

Hey Tarium,

You need to make 5 post on the forum before you can receive personal messages. Most people don't want to discuss their rates publicly, myself included, so you should either leave some comments around the place, or include you contact information in your post.

That being said, I might be interested in this project. You can have a look at my portfolio to get an impression of my work and if you are interested you can contact me at info [at] danielsmaps [dot] com.

I hope to hear from you soon.

-Daniel

Hi Tarium,

As Daniel above, I'd be interested in working with you on this beautiful project (kudos for a fantasy wedding !). You can check my previous works here and if you like what you see, do not hesitate to shoot me an email at the address below so that we can discuss more :

thomrey[at]hotmail[dot]com.

Looking forward to hear more

Cheers !

Thomas

Hi there Tarium,

I am very interested in working with you.
    I have already ventured into both franchises with my cartography as shown below:
    Warcraft:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	azeroth_map_handdrawn_by_dvg94-dbd8bvf.jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	217.0 KB 
ID:	101633
    Hogwarts sketch (sorry for the photo quality):
    https://imgur.com/a/f6bxU

I would absolutely love to work on this, I love both worlds and would love to combine them!

Let me know if you want to work with me.
    Mail: Daan[dot]vg[at]hotmail[dot]com

Here's my last work:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	witcher_map___colored_by_dvg94-dbt4k5o.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	446.9 KB 
ID:	101634

Here's the rest of my work:
    http://gamecartography.com/free-maps-2/

Ferrol, Coruña, Spain, Earth, Solar System

Hey Tarium,

I could be interested in the project. Here you have some samples of my latest works::

Let me know if you are interested in my services. You can reach me at: info -at- versakestudio -dot- com

Regards,

Antonio Frade

Guild Expert Guild Supporter Greg's Avatar

Hi Tarium,

That sounds quite the exciting project! I think it would be a bit daunting for myself, but one artist who could be absolutely perfect for it is FrancescaBaerald. You should be able to see her works and contact details here: https://francescabaerald.deviantart.com/. She might be a little more expensive than some but if she's got enough time to do it, then I think it'll more than worth it!

Cheers,
    Greg

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    Hi Tarium,

That sounds quite the exciting project! I think it would be a bit daunting for myself, but one artist who could be absolutely perfect for it is FrancescaBaerald. You should be able to see her works and contact details here: https://francescabaerald.deviantart.com/. She might be a little more expensive than some but if she's got enough time to do it, then I think it'll more than worth it!

Cheers,
    Greg
    I have to agree with Greg. A Francesca Baerald map for a wedding would be astounding !

Professional Artist Guild Supporter Wired's Avatar

I agree with the esteemed prior two posters. Franscesca produces true art.

Wow ... it's really awesome that so many people are interested in this project. We will take a look into your portfolios today (incl. FrancescaBaerald).

Thanks a lot .

Can someone help me with the passage of the raids? I've already spent a lot of time, but could not.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast