Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Guildcity - where are we now [December 2017]

Quote Originally Posted by Pixie View Post
    A couple of days away and suddenly it's like the almost dead project jumped to life! I'm glad some of you fellas are keen to continue this - I was/am so in love with the whole city project.

Concerning my section (21), it's coming along. Slowly but surely, and since I'm fairly ahead of most of my neighbours, it's going at a"just fine" pace. Sooner, rather than later, a little dragon will pop in it, somewhere.
    But it's a fairly large section, which got me thinking. We could have some sections broken into little bits. So that people with less time, or less self-confidence, or less willingness to commit on something big, or less(more) whatever, could also join with a little collaboration.

Maybe subsections. Or maybe a section mapped with city layout only, and folks join in drawing the buildings. Just throwing loose ideas now...
    That's in idea worth considering, though it would mean that we would need to ask John to subdivide certain areas by adding a more detailed road system. The roads were a convenient way of dividing the districts, so that any minor inaccuracies in stitching them all together could be lost in the width of a road, rather than misshape a building...

Making the districts smaller would help in another way. Since the Creators Update my system resources are more than 50% devoted to running Win 10, which has severely limited the size of image I can manipulate in GIMP or Krita. Smaller districts would not only be less daunting to map, but easier to manage now that Microsoft has rendered my machine to be little more than a pocket calculator. I don't have any choice but to cut my current district up even smaller than the two halves I was working on, and start again, since I can no longer open the files I was working on just a few months ago.

I am not discouraged, though. I'm looking forward to applying all the things I have learnt in the intervening period

@Red - if you are reading this thread, would it be too problematical if I were to cut district 15 (already in two halves) into 4, or possibly more? I would be able to give you accurate masks to reassemble them when they are finished, pixel accurate...

Quote Originally Posted by Robbie View Post
    I'd like to get back to my section too actually. I'd also like to model that awesome compass rose building in 3d properly. Don't count my section as dead yet.

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk
    Of course! You never uploaded it to the Finished Maps section, so we knew you hadn't 'finished it', as such

Looking forward to the 3D model

We could have some sections broken into little bits
    That's not a bad idea. It would be better to make this in a case by case thing.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    @Red - if you are reading this thread, would it be too problematical if I were to cut district 15 (already in two halves) into 4, or possibly more? I would be able to give you accurate masks to reassemble them when they are finished, pixel accurate...
    If you can give me the masks for your section then its always gonna be real easy to do that.

Aw thank you, Red

Then that is what I shall do.

@John - do you think that splitting up some of the remaining districts into smaller pieces would be a good idea, or not? Its really you who should make that decision, since it will probably be you who has to split them up if we go that way.

EDIT: been thinking a bit more about the splitting up idea. If we do go that way we could name the sub-districts a, b, c, d, e... etc, and maybe allow people to take as many adjacent subdistricts within the one main district as make up a size they feel comfortable with doing all at once? For example, 06a and 06b, leaving 06c and 06d for someone else to do?
    Last edited by Mouse; 12-03-2017 at 12:55 PM.

Just like with the Gild World, I did an updated version of the Guild City status:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Guild City status.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	8.12 MB 
ID:	118768

Guild Expert Guild Supporter aeshnidae's Avatar

I'll take #42, since I decided to use the shape for the Nov-Dec 2019 challenge.

Find me on
    DeviantArt

Might as well claim a spot for myself... My Guildworld section is coming along nicely, I'd like to jump on this next year.

Could I take number 4?
    Homepage | Instagram | Facebook | Artstation
    Just give me liquorice and nobody gets hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by aeshnidae View Post
    I'll take #42, since I decided to use the shape for the Nov-Dec 2019 challenge.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellerica View Post
    Might as well claim a spot for myself... My Guildworld section is coming along nicely, I'd like to jump on this next year.

Could I take number 4?
    Jump on in.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12